My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 133

A secret. That's what it was. A secret. The only secret I would ever really keep from my friends for the time being. To be truly honest- there was way too much going on for the time being. But when the news did get out, it was nearly a month later, summer was almost over, and it exploded likea nuclear bomb.

Over the course of that August, Pencey Prep had split up officially and Frank had joined at least 3 other bands he could be permantently a part of. Frank had alos been accepted into a college not too far from here with Mikey, and I was almost dreaded to recieve a letter in the mail from a College in New York- I had been accepted. Of course, I would have to turn them graciously down due to a recent flow of events.

In worse news, my mom had returned from one of her longer trips to find that I had gained a lot of weight. Being herself, she had automatically assumed the worst- and for once, she was right. She had actually kicked me out of the house, disowned me, and told me she never wanted to see my face again because I was nothing but a 'shameful, dirty whore'.

I had gone to my dad, who had accepted me for a week or two, before suggesting I find my own appartment. I spent every morning sitting at the kitchen table looking in the paper for an appartment for rent: 2 rooms.

I had gotten a job with Mikey, figuring it was about time I began saving some money- I was going to need it. We would spend our days talking about how things were going, and how Gerard, Bob & Ray had all started a band. It gave Gerard something to look forward to. They were all getting all serious into it too...

Sometimes, Frank would come to visit on our coffee breaks, or he'd just help out for an excuse to talk to us- for something to do. At lunch, I always tried to sneak a cigarette, but the boys were always there to nag me. I had to quit.

***

So here I am, trying to quit.

"God damn- give it here," I screamed as Frank held my arm back, holding my half-smoked cigarette in his other.

"No- you're not smoking."

"God dammit- you do it! I already had half of it- give it back!"

"I'll make you a deal," he said, dropping it to the cement before he stepped on it. "I'll quit if you do."

I smirked, imagining that. It was perfect. "Okay," I stated in a way that was almost snobbish.

"Okay," he said back, nodding with the same smirk.

He took his package of cigarettes and gave them to Mikey, orderring me to do the same. Mikey would have to put them somewhere we wouldn't be able to find them- the garbage was too obvious... and don't think you won't go garbage picking when you're desperate for a smoke.

Cold Turkey...