My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 135

Eventually, the day came where my car's trunk was stuffed with boxes, and a cooler was jammed in the backseat. When I sat in the driver's seat and gripped the stearing-wheel tightly, I glanced back at all the moving boxes and took a deep breath before Frank sat down beside me and smiled at me before insuring that everything would be fine. I hid my worried face and turned my attention to the road as I started up the car.

Mikey was waiting outside his front door with yet more boxes when I pulled in his driveway to pick him up. We shoved them all in the backseat, trying to only take up half the space so that Mikey himself would still have a place to sit.

If Gerard wasn't at work in New York, working on some cartoon, perhaps he would have been the one to drive Mikey and Frank to Rutgers University in Newark. But he was busy, and I really didn't mind the fact I was driving them- I liked the quality time. And personally, I didn't think Gerard was up for it. He wasn't up for much these days, and he made sure everyone knew it. He had become some sort of nocturnal, nightmarish prick, and as a resort, the only time anyone ever talked to him was to make sure he was alive, or to imply their worry as Mikey and I had done many times.

I tried my best to listen to what Frank and Mikey were talking about, but I was suddenly feeling tired and decided the road was the best place for my strained concetration.

"You want me to drive?"

"Uh- what," I asked, suddenly pulling myself back to reality.

"Common," Frank implied. "I'll drive- Pull over."

"No- No, I'm alright," I assured.

"You look tired."

"No- It's okay. You guys relax, I'm fine."

"You sure? I can drive if you want," Frank stated.

"I know that- I'm okay though."

"Alright," he said with a smile.

I smiled back before turning my attention back to the road as we continued on our way along the countryside.