My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 140

It was silent until we walking into the cool air outside.

"Do you have any idea how embarrasing that was," I spat quietly.

"I have a pretty good idea, now quit taking it out on me. You needed that."

I sighed. I was too stubborn to admit that he was right, so I didn't say anything at all.

"So- You promise you're alright to drive," he asked as we approached the car.

"Yes. I'll be fine. I'll tell you what- If I start to feel sick again, I'll pull over."

"And you'll call?"

I nodded innocently.

Frank wasn't smiling. He was watching every small move I made with worried expressions before he hugged me tightly.

"I'll be fine," I assured him.

"I know. I just worry about you- I'm allowed to, aren't I?"

"Well, yea. But you don't need to," I stated, turning slightly pink.

"I'm gonna miss you."

"I'll miss you too," I stated. "But you gotta stay here... And I've got to go, right?"

"You should be away at College too," he stated.

"Yea well... Things change, don't they?"

"Sienna..."

"Frank... don't start," I said tiredly. "I'm gonna go. I'll phone you later."

"Wait."

"What?"

"I love you."

"I love you too, Frank. I'll call later," I said, quickly kissing him before I slipped into the car and started it. I smiled at him and took one last moment to try and memorize how he was leaning against the car. I waved as I put the car into reverse and pulled away. And even as I did, I watched Frank standing in the parkinglot through the rear-few mirror and sighed once he was out of view.