My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 142

My father wanted me to buy an appartment, and I didn't want to be near anyone around here. No one thought I could do this. I needed to be somewhere where I was getting the support I needed because, I knew I could do this.

This is why I quickly came up with a solution. I would buy an appartment. I would. But I would buy an appartment in Newark.

I sighed, sniffled, and sucked back the final tears I had before I picked up the phone and called the one person who didn't make me feel like shit- Frank.

"Hello."

"Hi," I answered shyly.

"Hey you. You got home alright?"

"Yea," I answered assuringly. "Hey listen- Do you get the paper there?"

"Yea, they're lying all over. Why?"

"I need you to look for an appartment that's not too expensive."

"Uh.. okay. May I ask why?"

"I'm buying us an appartment there," I told him bravely.

"What? Why? I mean... I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound like that. It's just... when did you decide this?"

I sighed. "About five minutes ago when my dad deicided he was going to disown me if I didn't get an abortion."

"Oh... I see."

"And that way I'll be closeby, and we don't have to worry about eachother or anything..."

"Okay," he answered. He sounded hesitant, as if he were second guessiong me and that made my stomach feel even worse. That is, until he said, "I'm glad that's what you decided."

"Really?" I smiled to myself. "Yea. I mean... no one here even wants anything to do with me."

"Sienna, that's not true- They're just worried about you and they're not quite sure how to handle things yet. Your parents can't hate you, they created you... And they watched you grow and experience life for eighteen years. I know I do some pretty crazy shit, but my parents still love me."

"I know how they feel," I giggled.

He chuckled mockingly before it got really quiet. All I could hear was his breathing. "You know," he started, as his voice got more quiet. "Everyone's just concerned. Especially after what happened with... With Heather."

"I miss her," I stated.

"I know. We all do."

"I miss her so much... I still can't believe she's actually gone. You don't believe these sorts of things happen until they do. I just.... I can't help but think this would be so much easier with her here... With a friend here." I knew I sounded pitiful. Depressing even. And I know that would have scared him.

"You're incredible, you know that?" He stated. I pictured him smiling as he leaned in closer to the phone. "You know you're a strong girl and that gives you the power to shut all those people up. I love you."

"I love you too. But, can you kind of hurry wit hthe appartment thing- I want to be out of here as soon as I can pack everything."

"Yea, I promise. As long as you promise to get someone else to help you. And I'll give you a call as soon as I find something."

"Thank you. Tell Mikey that I won't leave until Jacob can leave the hospital. I'll make sure he's okay before I bring him up there for a visit... but Heahter's parents want to take care of him for now..."

"Alright, I will."

"Okay, I'll talk to you soon," I said.

"Yup. Take it easy, you."

"I will. Bye."

"Bye," he whispered before he hung up. I listened carefully for that click and I wouldn't dare hang up until I heard it. I sighed and sprawled back into the matress once I heard it and got lost in pillows. And that was the very moment I decided it was time for that nap I was so fond of taking.