My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 146

Mikey's POV

Frank was nervous, you could tell simply by the sweaty grip he had on Sienna's hand as he led her down the appartment hallway that was looming with foreign smells. I followed a few meters behind, making sure everything went as planned, but this was Frank's day, not mine. I would never have this day. I had my chance, but I ruined it. It was my fault. It had to be.

I couldn't help but put my misery aside and smile slightly when Frank taunted her by shaking a key chain infront of her face, which was still coverred by his smelly school tie, of all things. The noise of the key in the lock seemed magnified when Frank opened it, pushing open the door to the appartment he had picked out. Even I had to admit that it was big. It was perfect, and Frank knew that- He wouldn't have settled for anything less.

He slowly untied the school tie from Sienna's eyes and smiled at her reaction. She gasped in excitement and turned to him, giving him that look. The gorgeous sparkling look that I missed so much. The sparkling look that I knew made Gerard cringe devilishly. She hugged him thankfully before he orderred her to go inside and look around- To find the envelope.

Once she wanderred inside, he turned to me and finally let his anxiety show. Microscopic beads of sweat formed on is forhead as he bit his lip.

"This day is either going to go really well, or really, really bad," he stated.

"Settle down Frank- Everything's going to be fine."

He looked up at me, "Oh geeze, Mikey- I hope so."

I smiled weakly, knowing quite well of his situation.

"You know," he started. "I know I already thanked you- This really didn't seem proper. Are you sure it's okay that you gave this to me?"

"Yea. I mean.... What am I going to do with it? Mope? Let it tarnish in a drawer? You could use it. You're my friend, she's my friend. I want it to bring you two together."

"Mike... I'm really sorry."

"Frank, I've heard that all too much in the last couple months. It doesn't even have meaning anymore," I stated numbly.

Suddenly, I felt nervous, overcome with useless emotion. I wanted it all to end. Horribly.

He sIghed, and I knew he wanted to say something. Frank wasn't rude or obnoxious unless he knew it was the right place or time. Frank knew well this wasn't one of them. He took a deep breath before changing the subject. "Do you think I should go in?"

"Give her time to read it."

"What if she already has? What do you think she's doing right now?"

"Franl- Stop. Wait a minute or two, then go in."

"I'm going in now. I can't wait..."

I signed and smiled. He was a nervous wreck and it was oddly funny. "Alright. It's up to you."

"Wish me luck?"

"All the luck I have left," I stated, waving him inside.

He took one final, heavy breath before he stepped inside to door, and I stayed in the doorway, carefully peering inside the appartment. Listening. Listening to the quiet sounds of man-made nature. I really did wish him luck. I wished the both of them luck, I wished they had more luck than I did.