My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 147

Anna's POV

The house was quiet. I crept down the hall observing my surroundings. I fetl like laughing. Frank had put way too much thought into this. That was typical of him, and it didn't bother me much knowing that it was a trait that would never wear out in a human of his creative type. I knew of it well.

All the doors were closed, keeping peaceful noises from echoing out to great me. Even the quiet sound of the heat register and air exchange was hushed behind closed doors. All except one door was closed, and I walked curiously to the end of the hall to the mysterious room who's door was welcomingly open to greet me.

The room was dark, and rather obvious, a bedroom. A matress sat against the back wall, and beside it a table and lamp. And something else. A note? A letter? I cautiously approached and picked it up in it's pretty purple envelope. I turned it around and read my name across the back in familiar handwriting.

I sighed as butterflies formed in my stomach. What was this? I made my seat on the matress and opened the envelope to find a piece of paper, with nothing other than more messy writing. I bit my lip and prepared myself for the long read:

Sienna,

I've decided to put this down in words, because over the years it's become clear to me that speaking isn't my best subject. I need you to know just how much you really mean to me. The many years we've known eachother might serve as proof, but it's not a lot compared to the many years I plan to share with you in the future. All the times we came close to lsoing everything we had, and all the times we felt on top of the world; we were always in it together. Just like we are now. Your smile haunts my dreams and scares away the nightmares, and I wanted to let you know that. I know I'm not perfect, and it still amazes me that you like me so much. I would go to the ends of the world for you, and only you. You are the only person who I feel will never judge me. You are the one person who I feel I can say anything to. You take away my fears and I would murder to take away yours. And this is why, my Annabel Lee, I am asking you to marry me.

Love Always,
Frank Anthony Iero


What?

My brain processed mighty well what I had just read, but it still surprised me. My hands were trembling with obvious fear as my eyes swelled up with tears that quickly found their way down my cheeks. My face felt hot with worry and it took me some time to realize someone leaning in the doorway, twiddling something small between their fingers.

I looked up to face him, and his face showed only smiles of hope. A smile I could never turn down.

"So, what'd you think," Frank asked, biting his lip nervously.

"I don't know," I said and got up, rushing over to him with a lose of oxygen. "This is really, really big. I mean.... What if-"

"I mean about the appartment. We could talk abou that later."

"Oh, yes. Frankie- It's beautiful! Thank you."

"Anythime," he smiled. "Now about that answer?"

The room suddenly felt humid and claustrophobic. "I don't know... I mean, what if we're not ready for this. We've been through a lot... and there's a lot going on right now. This is really.... really big!"

"It doesn't need to be right away. We can wait a while. I just... Say yes. Please. I'll take care of you. I always will. You know that." He pulled me in closer, kindly staring me down with sencere eyes. He was really just trying to catch my attention; my gaze.

My breathing was heavy. I was nervous. But when I saw the assurance in his eyes I smiled and sighed, taking the biggest chance of my life. "Why are you asking me if you already know my answer," I asked with a proud smile.

He smiled back and broke out into a fit of laughter, pulling me closely into a hug and kissing my face in obvious excitement. I giggled. This was just the beginning of another deliciously torturous adventure.