My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 149

Blood covered the walls. It was on my hands; on my face. They were holding me back, my eyes pinned on the blood as curling screams filled the air. I was screaming as they held me back as I saw them torturing.

I knew the other figure; the figure screaming out in agonizing pain, dripping blood to the clean new carpet. I new this figure well- It was Frank. And there were evil men, grabbing at my arms, ordering me to watch as salty tears blurred my vision and blood stung my eyes as I screamed out for help. He was dying. But the evil men didn't care,they continued their torturing as they held a blade to his neck in a corner of the room. I couldn't help him. I couldn't help myself.

But there was something else. A crib. A lullaby filled the air, but it was drowned out by everyone's screaming; crying. There was a sound of a baby crying and an odd motherly instinct kicked in, making me want to scream more as a shadowy figured loomed above the child. A blade of silver shone in the light before making it's one quick motion to the innocent bundle below; silencing the crying. And the lullabies. Now awful screaming filled the air, echoing through me. It was my own screaming. It was Frank's screaming.

"Anna! Sienna, wake up! Anna, common- Wake up, it's only a dream! Anna..."


Reality hit me hard and fast, a stinging lump in my throat exploding with the pain of tears and emotion as I felt the same arms grasping around me. Tugging at me viciously.

"Sienna- Stop it! You were dreaming," Frank yelled, grabbing onto my arms.

My body trembled in exhaustion, huddling closer to the figure I realized I laid close to. This reality was nothing but comfort; safety. Frankie's whispering voice calmed the screaming in my brain and his fingers tried to calm the trembling in my body as I cried quietly into the pillow.

"It's alright," he said. "It was only a dream. It was only a dream, you're okay. You're safe now..."

"I can't deal with it anymore," I sobbed. "Make it stop. Make it stop..."

"You're alright."

"It was so real," I continued.

"It's okay, I'm here. It was only a dream," he whispered, the feeling of his breath blowing lightly passed my ear. It was a sign of comfort. It was a sign of safety that sent my anxiety of a temporary vacation long enough to get me back to sleep as the exhaustion began weighing down on me.