My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 15

Frankie's POV

Mikey and Gerard lived in Newark, so I don't really understand why they drive all the way here every weekend. I guess it's because of Heather, ya know... the whole 'maintaining a partially long distance relationship' thing, even though they're together like... every day (and I'm thinking nights too).

Anyways... Mikey had taken my to what seemed like every possible place to get a job between Belleville and Newark, even though I know we hadn't traveled that far. I'd said no to every job offered to me. He even took me to restaurants... RESTAURANTS! I can't be a waiter; do I look like a waiter? No...

I don't need a job, I'm a musician. One day, my band will get famous, and then we'll see who's making good money. I got to remember to get up for band practice tomorrow. If I really needed a job, why couldn't I get a good one, ya know... the ones that don't take much effort or time. It was now almost four and the coffee in my system was starting to wear out... not to mention, now I needed a bathroom break. I could see us driving down Belleville Ave. (how original, eh?) and watched as Mikey turned down a side street. "Where are we going? Why can't you just give up, I don't want a job, therefore, this is useless!"

He instantly shook his head. "One more place."

I sighed and rested my head on the window when he pulled into a dark lot with no sign above it, but lots of cars. "Common you lazy butt, get out," he instructed and got out, not waiting for me. Minus well get it over with. I undid my seatbelt and bolted out after him.

When he opened the door, I could hear Black Flag blast from inside. Oh... I like this place; it plays good music. When we stepped in, my eyes went starry as I gazed around at all the guitars hanging on the walls, and the amount of instruments in general, which where set up around the store. "Mikey... I like it here."

This HUGE guy comes out from the back and my jaw dropped as I stepped back about ten inches. He was like 6'4'' and I was 5'5'', he was really strong and I was a puny little useless punk! I will never mess with this guy in a million years, he would pound me six feet underground and cremate me with his bare hands. "Yo Mikey, what's up today," the guy asked.

I gulped and Mikey, acting so very cool, only adjusted his glasses and looked up at the guy. "Nothing, I was wondering if you could help us out. My friend here needs a job."

The guy stroked his chin, then observed me up and down, as I crossed my arms, covering my puny torso. "Yea... I think I could use some help around here. Common in, I'll show you how to use the equipment." he said, and started walking towards the back. I tripped over to him, jogging to keep up.

"But wait. Don't you need to interview me? Check my permanent record? Question about previous experiences?"

"Settle down kid, there's no need. There's only me here, no one needs a back round check, you don't look like you would want to steal anything from here."

True. I wouldn't steal from this guy in a million years.

"So you want the job or not, kid?" He asked, pausing at the back.

I nodded, "Yea."

He nodded back, "Okay, how does... ten dollars an hour sound?"

My jaw dropped. "Seriously? That sounds.... great!" That was the best offer I'd been given all day and it's in a store! Why Mikey couldn’t have taken me here this morning?

I spent an hour and a half there, learning how to properly stack things and set them up, how to use the cash register and 'cleaning up after myself'. I was so going to work here. I found out the guys name was Bill (Bill's Music Shop) and exactly where to locate this place. I walked out afterwards with an empty stomach and a job (yay, this job stuff wasn't as hard as I thought it would be). At least now I was happy this was all over.

"Want me to drop you off at home?" Mikey asked, shooting a quick glance at me, then back at the road after we left.

"No, it's okay. I need to go by Anna's... my stuffs all there."

He nodded, then sped up past traffic.