My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 156

After my afternoon of depressing confrontations, I went home and curled up in my bed, decided a nap would do me good. However, before I did so, I dug through my bag and pulled out the small container Gerard had given me before I left.

"Says who?" Gerard's voice wrung through my ears.

"It's completely harmless, just take a couple with a glass of water and you'll feel just fine."

The small tablets rolled around inside the plastic as I spun it in my hands.

"It's completely harmless. Just a swallow of a pill and all that stress build-up flies out the window..."

My thumb popped the lid off, observing what was inside.

Taking a deep breath, my small fingers dug to the bottom, pulling out a single white capsule.

You can do this, like he said- It's completely harmless. Gerard wouldn't hurt you.

The pill sat uncomfortably on my tongue, the bitter taste slowly beginning to dissolve on my tongue before I made my way to the kitchen to grab a glass of water, feeling the pill slide down my throat with the aid of the cool tap water.

See, that wasn't so bad.

I made my way back to my bedroom and curled up in the blankets, starting at the clock at my bedside. The seconds counted their way around the clock. Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock...