My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 157

Frank's POV

The apartment seemed empty when I walked in it and what was left of the afternoon sun was brightly shining through the living room window. I called out for Sienna, but there wasn't an answer so I figured she probably just couldn't hear me. I put the keys on the counter and my jacket on the chair and made my way down the hall to the bedroom, which was surprisingly much darker than the rest of the house.

Anna's small figure was curled up on one side of the bed and her quiet breathing filling the silent air. I smiled to myself as I sat next to her on the bed and wrapped my arms around her. She stirred and turned to look at me with a smile.

"Hey you," I greeted, kissing her forehead.

"Hey babe. How was school," she asked groggily.

"It was good. And how was your day?"

"It was good," she sighed. "I went to see-- Oh.... Wait, I gotta go pee!"

And with that she squiggled out from my grasp and rushed to the washroom, leaving me silently giggling to myself. I sighed and fell back into the comfort of the bed, looking around the room until something caught my gaze.

I reached out my hand and grabbed the unfamiliar prescription bottle sitting on the end table.

Xanax- Alprazolam Prescribed to...
Gerard Arthur Way


What the fuck? How did she get this?

Suddenly, there were footsteps down the hall and I quickly debated putting it back on the table and pretending I hadn't found it, however I managed to argue against it. Sienna walked it, smiles and all- Until she noticed my grim expression.

"What's wrong," she asked.

I shook the container. "Anna... Why do you have this?"

"I was just... holding onto it."

"Sienna, you didn't take any of these, did you?"

"No... I haven't... taken... Wow, I'm thirsty."

"Sienna! You did take them!"

"So what!"

"Anna, how many did you take?"

"Only one... Maybe two," she said quietly.

I took a deep breath, trying to keep myself under control as I grasped onto her hands.

"Sienna, why did you take Gerard's anti-depressants," I asked quietly, trying to catch the gaze in her eyes.

"I... I felt like I had to. Gerard... Gerard was only trying to help," she muttered.

"Help with what," I asked. "What made you think that you would need anti-depressants, Anna."

"Nothing..."

"Sienna... Please don't say nothing. You know if you don't talk to me this is never gonna work."

I could tell the tears were brimming in her eyes. "Things just get... hard sometimes. I get frustrated. Or lonely... Or down. And there's nobody here to talk to because you and Mikey are gone all the time. I just feel like a failure sometimes because there's so much going on and I can't do anything about it. I just feel so... lost."

I sat in silence, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her in close. I felt guilty. Oblivious. Hurt.

"Sienna, why didn't you just tell me," I asked.