My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 16

I just stepped in the door, and already Heather was screaming at the top of her lungs (in my face). "She won't come out! Go get her; she magically listens to you," and pointed at the stairs.

"Well maybe if you'd stop pissing her off, she wouldn't have to hide from you," I screamed back.

Mikey just stood in the background. Ow... she slapped me. "Frank... get lost," she pushed me to the stairs.

I would have hit her back... she's not a girl- she's the devil (at least she acts like one). Heather's bigger than me though... so if I hit her back, she'd probably hit me and there'd be a fight... and she'd win.

I paused around the corner of the stairs and eavesdropped on Heather and Mikey's mini-conversation. "That was a little uncalled for, don't you think," Mikey asked.

'Yes,' I thought.

"No, he so deserved that... he's so annoying!"

"Common, you got to cut him some slack."

Pause.

"Why doesn't he just ask her out?"

Oh, juicy...

"Heather, that's not our business."

Pause.

"But Mikey. He's leading her on... she's doing the same. They both know that they like each other, why don't they just get over this whole friendship thing!"

Creaky stair- dammit! It was quiet for a second.

"What was that?" Heather asked Mikey.

"I don’t know," he replied and I heard footsteps.

Damn... I ran up the stairs as quick as I could and paused before I tried to turn the handle, but it was locked. Then I lightly tapped on the door. "Go away... I'm not coming out," I heard from inside.

I knocked again, "Anna, it's me..."

"Go away." I sighed.

"Please let me in."

"No- Frank, I don't feel like talking to anyone right now."

"Common," I pleaded. "Not even me?"

"No."

"Please," I begged.

"Frankie... please, just go away."

I wasn't giving up that easy. "How am I supposed to know what's the matter with you if I'm over here... let me in!"

"NO! Go away!"

"Fine then," I smartly started, "I'll just sit here until you open this door and let me in, and that's final!" I sat right where I was standing and it was quiet for a while, then I heard small footsteps and her jingling with the door knob until her small face appeared in the doorway and I stood up.

The door was only open a couple inches... only enough to see her ruined make-up and for-one messy hair and the scared, disapointed look on her face.