My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 161

I was sitting on the couch with my head in my hands, either in complete frustration, or utter despair. Someone had laid a hand on my little brother. Not only that, but it was someone who didn't even have the authority to do so. There was nothing I could do. And to top it off, Matt had locked himself in the washroom and sworn not to come out. The door opened on it's own and I looked up just long enough to see Frank's strained face enter the room with a greeting smile that quickly faded.

"What's wrong," he asked, walking up to me.

"My mom got a new boyfriend," I stated.

He shrugged. "So what? Why does that matter to you? I mean... You haven't even talked to your mother in how many months?"

I shrugged. "It's not that," I stated, looking up, down the hall.

"Then what?"

"He's abusing my brother," I stated quietly as my eyes started swelling up.

"Wait... Sienna, how do you know that?"

"He's here- Matt, I mean. But he got angry at me and locked himself in the washroom. He won't come out," I said quietly.

Frankie sighed and pulled me into a hug. "It's alright, I'll try talking to him, even though it probably won't help out much..."

I smiled weakly and he winked. "If he still refuses," I started. "Tell him I have to go to the bathroom."

Frank giggled. "Gotcha," he stated before walking down the hall.

Frank's POV

I knocked lightly on the door.

"Go away," said an unfriendly groan from the other side.

"Matt, common- You can't stay in there forever. Sienna's just worried. She doesn't mean any harm."

"Go," he ordered once more.

"Common, let me in. We can talk about this man-to man. Then it doesn't have to be this awkward, embarrassing conversation between a door that other people Can probably hear."

"I don't want to talk about it," he spat.

"Matt, you have to get out of the bathroom. Your sister has to use the washroom before she pees her pants, common. And trust me- I might be the one out here, but that isn't going to be pleasant for any of us."

There were a few hesitant seconds before the door creaked open to show Matt's heavily bruised eye and a small smirk on his face. The jokes always managed to work...