My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 163

Anna's POV

I sighed, looking up from my hands to see Matt awkwardly looming in the hall; Frank standing close behind him as they approached me. My heart beat quickened and I gave a slight smile knowing that my brother had stopped being so angry at me for whatever reason.

I must have looked hopeful, or anticipated as I looked up at them; waiting for an answer.

"I'm sorry," Matt muttered, still looking a the floor.

I smiled. "It's alright," I told him, hugging him awkwardly.

"You shouldn't have left," he told me. "Mom didn't mean what she said. She had some kind of breakdown and started going out all the time and she started going out with this guy. And then he moved in because he was probably a bum and didn't have anywhere else to go in the first place. You know how you can tell when someone's a loser just by looking at them? Well.... He was one of those guys, Sienna. I mean... I couldn't understand how even mom could pick such a loser. He stunk, and he was dirty- Even though he had complete access to a shower. I mean- Common, he was living in our house!"

Suddenly, I noticed Frank nudge him, meaning for him to move on. Matt's face turned pink and he cleared his throat before continuing.

"Well anyways," he said. "The guy was a bum. And he was a drinker. A heavy drinker... And he wasn't a very friendly heavy drinker. And... Well.... You know what comes next. I just... I had to leave, Sienna- I couldn't stay there- Not with him! Mom was never even home... She left us at home.... Alone with him. And.... I'm sorry... I shouldn't have left Emily. But, he wouldn't hurt her, would he? She's just a baby... I'm sorry," he said, his eyes filling with embarrassed tears.

My face burned red with guilt and I hugged him, looking up at Frank, who still looked just as surprised as I did.

"So what do we do about it," Frank asked quietly.

I sighed, letting ideas flow into my head, making it almost explode. "I don't know. You know what? This day has been all to stressful for all of us. Why don't we just rent a movie, order some pizza and relax and we'll figure all this out in the morning," I suggested.

And that's exactly what we did.