My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 164

It was late. Matt had fallen asleep on the couch; the pizza had been cleaned up along with the popcorn and chips; and I laid quietly beside Frank in the bedroom, blinking my eyes in the darkness to the patterns of my breath.

The passing of cars set light patterns up on the wall and the refridgerator suddenly kicked in, sending a quiet huming through the appartment. Frankie's fingers were getting endlessly tangled in the entwining of my hair as the both of us got lost in thought. I tried hard not to think about what he must have been thinking about, and hoped that after today, we were still alright.

With his arm wrapped around my shoulder comfortingly, I felt like it was just one of those times where everything would work out. Despite the fact that he was silent, I knew the subject on his mind.

"Frankie, where'd you go earlier," I asked innocently.

"To give Gerard back what was his," he stated simply.

I looked up to meet his gaze fixed so lazily, but still on my own. "You didn't have to do that, you know," I told him.

"I know. But you didn't have to do that either," he said with a harsh tone of wit.

"I can't always be perfect," I told him quietly.

"Yea."

"I'm sorry, alright? I wasn't thinking straight; it was an accident."

"It's alright," he said.

"Well why does it bother you so much?"

"Because," he said. "You went all this time, letting all this shit eat away at you until you had to resort to taking Gerard's anti-depressants. You never even told me- You never even tried.... Sienna, I want you to be able to talk to me. It's liek you don't trust me anymore or something..."

"I don't trust you? Frank, if I didn't trust you, I wouldn't be living with you, I wouldn't talk to you at all. And not to mention, I wouldn't be having your kid!"

He sighed. "You're right, sorry. Let's just stop, alright? I don't want to fight with you."

I sighed, pulling in closer to him. "What the hell is happening to us? We never fight... ever. I don't want us to be like this... We're not supposed to be that bitter old couple people see in the grocery store."

He giggled slightly. "We aren't old yet, babe. We've got a long way to go."

I nodded, snuggling in closer to his body and wrapping my arm around his waist and feeling the soft skin of his stomach escape from the depths of his t-shirt. Being at peace, not only with Frank, but almost internally, I managed to wander off into a comforting, dreamless sleep as I breathed in the smell of light cologne and fabric fresheners.