My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 17

I sighed and crossed my arms with a fake, funny smirk. "You going to let me in," I asked anxiously.

She paused, then came out and hugged me.

"What's wrong," I asked, looking down at her small brittle figure.

"I don't know... I'm... confused... and Heather... lied to me."

Heather doesn't know what she's talking about. I think? What was she saying earlier about 'getting over the whole friendship thing'? "What'd she lie about," I asked, rather interested.

"Something important. Well- I don't know if it was a lie... but if it wasn't, she was joking about things I didn't want her to."

"Like what?" I edged on...

"You... she said things that I know aren't true, but I wish were true and then I don't wish they were true and now I'm confused..."

"What'd she say about me," I asked.

Heather was starting to make me mad... I wish she would worry more about herself and less about me and who I like. What if she told Anna I like her?

"Nothing... it's nothing, forget about it," she shook her head.

She let go of me and sat on her bed, I lazily plopped down beside her. "Wait," I thought out loud. "Did Heather say... did she tell you-" I stopped myself.

"Tell me what?" Anna looked at me and the tears stopped for a moment.

I shook it off. "Never mind, I was thinking out loud. It's nothing."

"Oh," she sighed.

As much as I believed my best friend... I had a feeling there was more to this situation that there appeared to be- but I left it alone.

She settled down after a while. I stayed with her until she fell asleep, then I snuck back downstairs to see everyone on the couches and chairs watching cartoons. I collapsed myself on the couch between Mikey and Ray. "She's asleep," I announced.

Ray asked, "What was up," from under his afro.

"I don’t know... Heather lied to her." I stated while shrugging, and Heather shot another evil glance at me.

"About what?" she asked (rather rudely).

"Me." I replied, with just as much kindness.

"What are you talking about? Why would I lie about you? I barely even talk about you- you're an idiot," she shouted, and went to stand up as Mikey grasped her arm.

"You tell me,” I grumbled. "You know what? Don't talk to me. I never did anything to you so quit acting like such a bitch!"

I angrily stormed to Anna's basement, a dark gloomy place just perfect for me. I grabbed a spare blanket and plopped myself on the couch. This day in now officially over and I didn't even get to eat! Oh well, I don't feel like going back up there, that's where the devil’s spawn is.

I curled up on the couch and stared at the ceiling. What if Heather did tell Anna I liked her? I wouldn't be surprised with the way she is.