My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 21

Anna's POV

Shocked; I looked up at his warm friendly face, which was strangely close to mine, getting closer by the second. I thought I was dreaming it all when his hand grasped tightly around mine, while the other traveled to the back of my neck, pulling me in even closer. I felt like crying, knowing this must have only been a dream. I only knew it wasn't a dream when Frankie's very real lips pressed lightly against mine, and for a moment, making the pain I felt vanish like magic.

I quickly jumped back, hearing the door unlatch. It revealed Gerard, who yawned and stretched before looking down at us. "I thought I heard the door open. What the hell are you guys doing up, it's like... four in the morning." He came and sat down between Frank and I.

"Couldn't sleep," we both announced in unison.

"Oh," he said, carefully observing our surroundings.

"Been smoking' much Frank," Gerard asked.

I turned my attention to were I thought Gerard was looking. I sighed, seeing like... six cigarette butts scattered around the path, then I looked up at Frankie, who turned slightly pink before he shrugged and looked the other way.

What are been thinking 'bout?" Gerard rose and eyebrow.

I hugged my ribs and sighed, looking out towards the garden. I always imagined big red poppies sprouting out from the ground. It made me think about how poppies actually had a good intention, but they'd never have the chance to rest in a house garden- unless the gardener was using it for drug purposes.

***

Still, Frank tried his best to be silent. Gee chuckled lightly and put his hand on Frankie's shoulder, "Well buddy, you need to slow down, you're too young to end up smoking' a pack a day.”

"But, I don't-" Frank protested, before he cut himself off and shut up.

After a while, Gerard got up and went inside, leaving Frankie and I in an awkward silence. Feeling weird, I stood up. "Iero, before you come inside, can you pick those up and chuck them in the garbage, maybe hide them, so my mom doesn't think I've been doing anything bad? I'll rather not end up like Repunzel, stuck in a lonely tower my whole life." Then, I walked inside and decided to get some shut eye before the sun came out and everyone got up.