My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 24

Why was she blocking me out? She flung around and pushed me out of her way as she walked to her closet, pulling out a bag. "What are you doing," I asked curiously.

"I'm leaving. You heard what she said, if I don't like it here, then leave. So, I'm leaving."

My mouth started moving, but there were no words coming out yet. "But... where are you going to go?" People can't just wander the streets around here... it was unsafe. People get killed here on a regular basis... I wouldn't let her take that chance.

"I don’t know," she shrugged. "I'll find somewhere."

"But, you know as well as me, that you can't just wander the streets here, something will happen to you."

"Good."

"Anna!"

"What? Do you know someone who'd care?" I nodded and looked down at the pile of clothes piled on top of the bag.

"Yea," I said.

She put her hands on her hips and shifted all her weight to one side. "Really, who?"

"Me."

She shoved it all in the bag and threw in a comb and some other things. "Thanks, but I don't care, I'm still leaving."

I groaned. My point wasn't getting across. "But you can't just walk around New Jersey, unless you're asking for a death wish." I threw my arms in the air, I guess it was making things look more dramatic then they actually were.

"Fine, I'll go somewhere else."

She thought it would all work out... like everything would turn out okay after this. She should know by now, things never work out as planned for people like us.

"But you'll be old enough to move out in a year."

"Yea... I'll do that- I'll just wait for a year," she said sarcastically. "I cant, Frank, if I stay here with her any longer, I'll go insane!"

"Okay... just wait... let me think of something!" I yelled frustratingly.

She stopped for a second, I guess after realizing there was someone who did care. Her eyes got glossier and one single tear rolled down her left cheek; it was beautiful. "Frankie... I have to; I can't stay here.”

I tried to pull off the puppy-dog eyes. "Well..." I said, trying to find the best option to finish the sentence with as a million of them ran through my head. "Just stay... only for a week- one week. I promise I'll help you figure out what to do if you only wait... please."

It was awkwardly quiet for a few minutes until she finally looked up at me again. "Okay... I promise."

I smiled weakly. I felt like I was going to fall, yet I was relieved she wasn't just going to leave. "Thank you," I said.

She smiled lightly and put the bag in the closet and remarked, "You should go before you're parent's start worrying."

I nodded, grabbing my school bag from the corner and sitting on the window ledge. After a minute of sitting there, I waved and said, "Phone me later," Before pulling my sweater over my hands and grasped tightly onto the eavesdrop. I'd had practice with this before. I slid down the pole and landed on the freshly cut grass with a thud, running across the yard towards the street, where I started walking towards my house.