My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 25

Anna's POV

It was just after midnight. My stomach was rumbling as I grasped it with my left hand and groaned. I hadn't eaten since breakfast, now I understood how hungry Frank was before. But no matter how hungry I was, I was still not going down there, what if she was sitting there... waiting for me in the dark shadows of the kitchen.

How could I keep my promise to Frank, if all I felt inside was anger towards my family? But either way, I had to... a promise was a promise. At least my friends would still love me if I were insane... I hope.

I waited an hour or so before I crept downstairs and grabbed the chips from the cupboard and quickly scampered back up to my room and locked the door... then, remembering I never want to come out, I grabbed a 2L bottle of Coke too. I locked the door behind me and tiredly sat on my bed and pulled out my cell, which I had been charging for the past day and a half.

The bright screen made me squint. No messages. I dialed in Frankie's cell phone number and was about to hang up after six rings but stopped when I heard his voice on the other end. "Hi," he answered groggily.

I pictured him scratching his head. "Hi, it's me."

I heard a slight chuckle. "I know, who else phones me at one thirty in the morning?"

"I don’t know," I answered.

"So, what's up?"

"Nothing... I'm frigging tired," I replied and yawned.

"Then go to sleep," he said.

I yawned again, "I can't, I'm too hungry- I'm eating chips."

"Oh- so now you know how it feels."

"Yea- I know what it feels like."

"So... what are we supposed to do this week," I asked, interested.

"I guess we're finding a way to get you outta there."

I smiled. "Seriously? You'll help me?"

"Of course I will, I promised, didn't I?"

I guess that was the moment I finally realized how much Frank really did care about me. The amount of care he showed towards me, made up for the lack of care everyone else showed towards me.

"Yea. But, how am I supposed to just leave? Don't you think I was just overreacting," I asked.

It was quiet for a quick moment. "Do you think you were overreacting?"

My heart was beating fast. "I... I-don't know. No, I think that it isn't fair the way I've been raised. I think... that I've been raised without rights for being my own person."

"Okay, then if that's what you think, don't change your mind."

I heard a loud crash in the background interrupting our conversation and Frankie started cursing. There was a muffled out sound, which turned into yelling.

"What happened?" I asked, confused It sounded like his parents.

"I'll phone you back in a few minutes- just wait."

"Okay," I said and worriedly hung up.