My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 28

Frankie's POV

I slid open my bedroom window and struggled to crawl through it. I didn't know whether or not my parent knew I wasn't at home last night, but I'd rather not find out the hard way. After I fell in, I grabbed Anna's hand and pulled her inside; no climbing required.

I quickly kicked a pile of dirty clothes under my bed before she noticed them in the middle on the floor. Then, I shut the drawers, which were all open, revealing more laundry. I chucked my pile of CD's off to one side and smiled widely after I finished.

I grabbed my school bag and my tie off my dresser and started fidgeting around with it, until I thought it looked proper. I had learned how to tie a tie properly 2 years ago. I just failed to use that talent, seeing that properly tied ties look rather snobbish and jet set- two things I'm definitely not.

I grabbed my bag and threw open my bedroom door, walking into the kitchen, where the toaster was already set up for breakfast. I didn't feel much like eating today, so I skipped breakfast and ran to the coffee machine, where freshly brewed coffee sat untouched, calling out my name in quiet whispers. Okay, maybe I was hearing things...

Then, I sadly remembered Anna hadn't eaten this morning and turned around to see her already popping toast into the toaster. I ran my hands through my pockets to make sure everything was accounted for- even money, which I would use for lunch today.

***

We managed to make it for first period, just as the bell went off. We scurried through the hallway, pushing through 6' tall jocks and short skirt preppies. I started grinding my teeth, seeing one of my ex-girlfriends. I hadn't even known why I had dated those girls- I never liked any of them... they were all rude and haughty and selfish. Maybe that was why. She gave an evil glare as I passed and I gave her the finger, slipping into English class and sitting near the back while Anna sat behind me.

I automatically ignored the lesson the oldie was teaching up front. Instead, I pulled out a sheet of lined paper and started making up a new song for my band. When I was finished, so was the lesson.

I looked up to the board to see the instructions that we had to write a story. I can't write, oh well, minus well start.

I pulled out a paper and wrote, 'Once upon a time', then crunched up the paper and chucked it backwards, and it accidentally hit Anna in the head. I turned around and started writing another beginning.