My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 3

Frankie's POV

We snuck around her house, even though, there weren't any cars in the driveway, and Mrs. Peterson (Anna's maid) was gardening in the front. I poked my head up from behind the bushes and observed how Mrs. Peterson could put so much thought into dumping a plant in dirt. I guess I must have lingered there to long, because Anna tugged my hand, throwing me forward. "Common." she instructed, leading me through the trees and across the back yard, towards the trail leading to the lake. I liked the fact that she still grasped my hand, even though I didn't need a guide.

When we got there, I stood there, not knowing what to do. Sure, I've swam in my shorts before, but... my swimming shorts are just up that trail, through a door and in my bag... in her room... "Common!" she called and pulled up her shirt over her head.

I had this really funny feeling before I realized it was her bathing suit top. "You planned out this whole day, didn't you?"

She smirked and I watched her walk up to me. "Maybe..." And without realizing at the moment, she panced me... leaving me there in my shorts... and for the first time in a while, feeling embarrassed, and I didn't even know why.

She ran down the dock and grabbed her knees after jumping in the air, making a cannonball as she splashed in the water. I undid my tie and threw off my dress shirt before jumping in after her. But, when I landed, she wasn't there. But, I had a funny feeling I knew where she was.

Anna's POV

It was quiet for a while before I felt his hands grip my waist and I squealed. As he popped up from under the water, he started giggling like a little boy. I took in a mouthful of water and squirted it in his face before quickly swimming back in the open. "I can't wait till summer, it's going to be so cool," I say.

And seeming lost in a daze he answered, "Yea..." He splashed water in my face before running out of the water and jumping off a tire swing. "Show off."

I smile before getting out and climbing the tallest tree I could find. "Frank watch this!" I yell from I spot I think is far enough.

"Is it deep there?" He asked, blocking the sun with his hand to look up.

"I don’t know, but I guess I'll find out," and I tumble out and splash into the water. It's deep, but I can still touch the bottom. I thought it would be funny to pretend I hurt myself or something, so I stayed under for as long as I could (just to see what would happen).

I heard water splash before I got pulled to the surface. "Anna, you okay?" I keep my eyes closed as best as I can, even though the change from underwater to air sort of made them sting. I can hear him repeat my name a great number of times, he even lightly shook me. Then I heard him sigh for a moment. I opened one eye, then the other.

"Hiya Frankie!" He looked up at my grinning face before his eyes got big and his grip from me dropped and I splashed into the water. "Frankie!" I yell, coming back up to the surface, before catching my balance and doing my best to catch up to him. By the time I get to the shore, he's already dressed and stomping away, with his schoolbag in his hands and I struggle to grab my stuff and run after him.

"Frank, wait!" I yell and run up behind him, being started as he turned around and grabbed my shoulders.

"Anna, that was the stupidest thing you've ever pulled off! You don't just jump in the water if you don't know how deep it is... you could have died." He says angrily and I wince back. He takes few more steps forward, but I continue to doggle.

"Frank common, it was a joke, you're starting to sound like my father!" He mumbled something, and since he was mad at me, I knew what it was, 'You wouldn't know... you don't have a father', was probably what he said. "Iero, that's not funny! I'm sorry, okay, I shouldn't have jumped out of the stupid tree. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to worry you... just please... don't leave me all alone," and I stopped when I realized the light tears that stroll down my face. He stopped too, but he was looking the other way. And adding to the fact that my face was red from crying, it began growing maroon from embarrassment... that was so dumbest thing I've ever said.