My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 31

Anna's POV

I greatly appreciated what Frank was trying to do for me, but I had this slight suspicion this wasn't going to work...

Despite my pessimistic thoughts, that day I walked home with Frankie by my side. I hated having to live in the rich kid’s area of town (mostly because my family does have some money), the kids here were so snobby and stuck up. There, that girl just gave me the evil eye, and I didn’t even do anything. I guess the kids in these parts would call me and anti-social, just because I never talked to them.

When I got home, I took a deep breath, grasping onto the door knob as I looked over and saw my mother’s car in the driveway. I opened the door and cautiously peeked into the kitchen. No sign of her there. Figuring it was safe; I stepped in and realized I could hear her blabbing away on her phone from the living room. I quickly scampered up the staircase and into my room, before I locked the door when both Frankie and I were safely in it.

"So, what am I going to grab today?"

I looked around the room, biting my lip ring, thinking what small things could I bring today?

"My pictures," I decided, and put the bulletin board on my bed, taking each pin off and observing whether or not I should keep each picture. In the end, I put every picture I was keeping in my portfolio and the rest in the trash.

I did find it odd that in the picture Frank showed me on the weekend, of the two of us in the photo booth, the bottom picture was missing. It was my favorite one; I couldn't have left without it... I shrugged it off, thinking it would turn up before the end of the week.

After I noticed that it hadn't taken very long to get that, I went through other small things in my room, like treasured heirlooms (such as my grandmothers wedding ring and a picture of my birth father), small framed pictures of my friends and other family, make-up, accessories (not like I used a lot), and other small things I treasured. I put them all in a small bag and threw them out the window, where it landed with a small thud on top of my pillow and beside my bag and portfolio.

By the time it got dark, I was happy with the thought of how empty my room looked, but how much of a small area the luggage on the lawn took up. Knowing my mother, after I left, this room world be turned into her latest guest room suite, or maybe another office.

“So... what do we do now," Frankie asked after sighing with my as we observed the room, checking for anything important I might have left behind. There were still things around the room. You could definitely still tell it was my room... it just had less stuff in it.

I shrugged, "I don’t know... we leave." And I stared him down with an evil glare.

He shook his head. "Not yet," he said.

"You forgot to do something."

I pondered; thinking about what I had forgot to do, then shrug. He sighed, "You didn't call your dad yet."

I groaned. I really didn't want to call my dad right now. What if he started some useless lecture? "I'll call him after, lets go first," I instructed anxiously, sliding down the eavesdrop.

I ran my hands through my pockets and pulled out the key ring, walking past my mothers car, and looking down at my old (really old), rusty (really rusty), Cadillac. I sighed and sat in the driver’s seat. Since I was only 17, I'm not supposed to drive without an adult in the car. But I'm sure we could pull it off... if we didn't drive around often. This poor old car hardly ever needs to be driven around... since my two closest friends live within walking distance from me.

I loaded all my belongings into the back seat and waited for Frankie to plop himself in the passenger seat.

Another reason we might have been able to pull this of was because Frank was allowed to drive by himself... we has a year older than me. Well, half a year: his birthday was in October, mine was in late July. We were the same age for a couple months every year. The only reason we're in school together is because I started school early... my mother wanted an over-achiever for a daughter. To bad she didn't get what she wanted.

"Where are we going," Frank asked, looking out the window.

"To go get supper." He raised an eyebrow.

I sighed, “And we’ll go see my dad.”

I didn’t want to tell Frank this- but I really didn’t want to go see my dad. Last time I talked to him; we got in this big argument.

I pulled into a drive through at McDonald's. I hadn't had junk food in a while... seemed like a good enough place to eat. After we got our food (which I paid for).