My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 32

I drove across town to my father's house and knocked on the door, while Frank whined behind me that he wanted his food now.

A tall, well-structured man answered the door. He was starting to go grey, and had wrinkles on the sides of his eyes from smiling.

"Hi dad," I greeted and walked past him into the living room, where I opened the McDonald's bag and threw a cheeseburger at Frankie.

He instantly caught it and plopped down next to me, happily munching away. I pulled out fries and started munching away when my dad came in the room.

"So, what are you doing here? How are things at home? Is school doing well for you?"

I nodded joyfully. "I'm moving out," I said proudly, with my mouth half full.

His jaw dropped- it was going to start again. "What do you mean you're moving out? You're 17... is hat even a legal age?"

"Well, I kind of got kicked out... kind of. I mostly just left on my own. I don't like living with mom, so I'm bunking with a bunch of people for a year and a half until I can buy my own space."

He still looked kind of dumbfounded. "But, Sienna... you can't just leave. Does your mother even know about this? Does anybody know about this?"

I nodded gleefully. And Frank started giggling childishly beside me. "He does," I pointed at Frankie and heard my dad give a sigh of hopelessness. Was I a failure to him too?

"Sienna, your mother is going to flip."

I shook my head, and looked at Frank, who knew what I was talking about. "No," I said with my mouth half full. "She told me to leave if I didn't like the way she raised me. So... I decided I was going to," I smiled gleefully.

He shook his head, "Your mother was just angry- she must have said that before."

Frank interrupted. "Yea, tons of times- but this time was worse... you should have heard all the other stuff she said."

My father cocked an eyebrow and Frankie gulped the last mouthful of his cheeseburger. "She was yelling while you were there?"

"Well, yea- I mean no, she didn't know I was there. I was hiding in the closet... she doesn't like me very much. Because I'm dirty and messy and... What else did she say? Oh yea- immature- I think."

He shook his head, "You two must be over-exaggerating. Helen isn't like that. She only lectures you because she cares so much about you. And the fact that you're a stubborn teenager doesn't help much either." He chuckled at his own lame joke.

I was beginning to get annoyed and upset- he was taking her side! I thought he loved me! My face was turning red and I burst. "Fine then, take her side! You think this is all a big joke, but since you left, we've all been ignored. Maybe if you talked to us more, you'd know that," I screamed and flipped over the coffee table and stormed out of the house.

I smirked, looking back and seeing the shocked look on his face. Frankie- being the only person on my side; was right behind me.

He put his hand on my shoulder once we were out of the house and asked, "Do you want me to drive?"

I nodded and handed him the keys in my shaking hand. I threw myself in the passenger seat and sighed, shaking my head. "Stupid... ah," I mumbled weird things to myself before I calmed myself down a bit to look out the window.

"So... where do you want to go, Heather's house?"

I shook my head; I couldn't deal with her pettiness right now. "No- I’d rather go back to your house."

"Okay," he said, and kept his eyes on the road, but revealed his own signature childish smirk, becoming contagious as I started to giggle.

“Ah! There you are; back to your old self!”

I smiled and started laughing as I kept looking out the window.