My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 33

I dropped the two bags I had in Frank’s hallway as he called out for his parents. His voice echoed through the house.

"I guess they're not home," he stated.

Frankie picked up the bags and walked down the hall towards the spare bedroom. He dropped them on the dresser and turned around. "So... what do you want to do?"

"I don’t know... sleep," I yawned.

"Uh- okay. I'll leave you to sleep then. Good night."

"Frankie, wait," I called as he went to close the door. "I want a hug."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and felt his comforting arms around my waist. "Good night," I said, and let go of him.

"Good night Anna," he said and closed the door.

I quickly and tiredly threw on a random pair of pajamas and slipped into the neatly done bed, thanking God for the one person in this world that is guaranteed to always stand by me.

***

My senses all began to function and I became aware of the hot summer air surrounding me. Hearing the click of the door opened, I opened one eye before the other to see Frankie's grinning face appear in the doorway. "Good morning," he whispered, closing the door beside him and jumping on the bed beside me.

"It can't be morning yet," I remarked and pulled the sheets far over my head.

"Oh, common Anna, it's a nice day, and besides, we start exam reviews today, no more skipping school."

I groaned; he was right. "Oh fine, I'll get up. Why are you whispering?"

"My mom doesn't know you're here. Your mother's been calling here all morning; I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up at the door to investigate the house."

I pulled the blankets down alarmed. "What do you mean? You didn't tell her I was here, did you?"

"No, of course not. But she'll show up here- just wait. She doesn't believe you're not here."

"Oh... so what do I do?"

He smiled, "Well, get dressed, sneak out the window, and walk around to the front. I'll answer the door. If my mom asks where you were- don't answer her."

I nodded," Okay," and heard him stomping down the hall after closing the door.

I got up, changed, snuck through the yard and knocked on the Iero's front door. Frank answered the door, waving me inside. I appeared in the kitchen, where his mother was cooking eggs and bacon on the stove. She turned around and a shocked look came across her face as she wiped her hands on her dress and held the sides of my face. "Oh Sienna, I've been worried about you, your mother has been calling all morning wondering where you were! Where have you been, a pretty girl like you can't just wander around here, you know that."

"Yes... I was just-"

"Oh crap, let's go Sienna, we're going to be late for school," Frank said, grabbing my hand and leading me out the front door.

"Thanks," I smiled.

His hand was still grasped tightly around mine and he geekishly smiled back. "No problem." My stomach interrupted the moment with a grumble. "Oh shit, I forgot you haven’t eaten yet, common, I'll buy you breakfast."