My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 37

Anna's POV

Predictingly, my mother sat at a stool, taping her pointed high-heeled toe on the linoleum floor in a quick pattern. "I would throw you out the door of this house right now, but since that cop so beautifully put it- we need to have a talk. You need to tell me what kind of intentions you have with this boy... and I want the truth."

I rolled my eyes and dropped my school bag on the floor, and stomped across the kitchen, raiding the fridge, "What do you care, no matter what I say to you, you won't believe me."

"Well, that's because you lie so much!"

I pulled out a bottle of water and unscrewed the cap, placing it on the counter. "How would you know- you've never caught me in a lie."

"Sienna, just tell me," she instructed.

"Fine- you want to know the truth? I’ll tell you the truth- from the beginning. When we moved here, I was thirteen. I was in eighth grade- where I met Frank Iero- the only kid in the entire student body who didn't throw things at me, or ignore me, or caused me any kind of grief. Actually- he was almost exactly like me when it came to school. So naturally, we became friend. He introduced me to my other friends, Mikey and Gerard, Ray, Bob and Heather. And now we're all friends; that's it. We do not plan on marrying each other anytime soon- or... ever," I shifted on the stool. "I mean, we're good friends and everything, but it would never work out that way. So you can stop worrying."

It looked like she pondered for a moment, then she turned back into herself. "Anna, that's the best lie you've made up so far. I'd like to believe that-but I can't. You're grounded; give me you're cell phone and camera and head up to your room."

"Mom," my jaw dropped. "I'm serious, I'm telling the truth!"

"Sienna Moira Brown, I mean it!"

"Fine," I screamed digging through my bag and dumping my two most precious belongings on the counter as I rushed up to my room and slammed the door.

I looked around at how empty it was now. I slapped my forehead when I realized my bag wasn't there, neither was most of my other things. I didn't really have any of the clothes I usually wore- this was going to be hell. I hope Frankie had better luck.

Frankie's POV

I came in the house and walked past the kitchen, where my mom was working on some kind of food for supper. At first she didn't notice I was home and the evening was quiet... it probably wasn't until I started blasting Black Flag from my stereo after supper that she creaked open the door after I plopped on the bed and started staring at the ceiling.

She crept up to the stereo and turned it down, sitting at the end of the bed. "Honey, I'm sorry about this afternoon."

"Not like it's your fault."

I heard her sigh and her hand touched my shin and I sat up, out of her reach. "You know- being a parent really isn’t as easy as it seems. Sienna’s mother really does have a good intention. We just worry about you guys so much- especially around here- it isn’t safe. But you know, it would be nice to do like the nice policeman said and talk."

"About what?" I looked at her; then went back to looking at the posters on my wall.

"Well... whatever you want to talk about. If you're comfortable with it, we could talk about Sienna," she smiled politely. At least she was being nice about the matter... even though it was slightly annoying.

I was pondering on whether or not to take her offer... but then I decided it couldn't hurt. "Okay... I guess that would be fine."

She continued smiling.

"Well... at first I only liked her as a friend... and it was nice, you know, because I don't have many friends. It's always good to have friends that have the same interests as you and..."

"Are like you," she finished the sentence.

"Yea... maybe they even... like you?"

"Well, sweetie, all friends like each other."

"Not that way mom- you don’t understand.” I flipped around and laid down, facing the wall.

“Well; explain and I’ll try to understand.”

“Well… I kind of… I dunno; it’s stupid. I guess… I kinda…like her the other way. The love way… I guess.”

Her mouth dropped.

"I mean... I kind of like her that way. But every time I do something... she turns away. And now it's kind of ruining or friendship... and I kind of think that's why she's rejecting me. And it gets frustrating."

She was quiet for a while... but then she finally spoke when I was going to ask if she was okay. "Well... um; does she know straight out that you like her?" I paused.

"Well... I kind of kissed her once- but only once... and Gerard ruined it."

"Oh," her hand covered her mouth and it was quiet for a long time.

"Is she like all the other girls?"

I shook my head. "No..."

"Oh... well... that's a relief." I chose to ignore that last comment.

"So... what do I do?"

She thought for a moment... then replied, "Well, I can't see why you're being punished for loving someone. So... go see her!"

"Seriously?" I jumped up.

She nodded with a smile.

***

It felt a little better that my mother was on my side. I grabbed my jacket and headed out the door, going through a great deal of pain trying to pull a rose from the garden without scissors after getting the great idea to give Anna a flower. I ran down the street as fast as I could and quickly paused when I got to her house. How would I make my entrance? I decided on the safest route: the drainpipe.