My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 38

Anna's POV

I was laying on my bed silently listening to the quiet night sounds, with a wide and random variety of thoughts running through my head.

There was a startling tap at my window and I shot up and rushed over to it, pulling open the curtains to see Frank grasping onto the drainpipe for dear life, with a flower stem snuggled tightly in one hand. I threw open the window and dragged him in until we but crashed to the ground as usual- hopefully my mother didn't heard that. "What are you doing here- my mother's going to shoot you!"

"Sorry, but she can aim all the bullets she wants at me- cause I have to tell you something," he said, and I looked down at his hand, as small droplets of dark blood began falling to the ground with small tapping sounds.

"Oh my god- what happened?"

He smirked, "Picking roses from gardens hurts the hands when you don't use clippers."

I smiled as he handed the delicate rose out to me. “Frank- you’re crazy.”

He nodded and I took it and ran for the door, poking my head into the hall to make sure it was safe before I ran across the hall to the bathroom and pulled a decorative vase off one of the shelves and filled it with water, then grabbed a facecloth of the towel rack and the bottle of peroxide from the medicine cabinet, then running back in my bedroom and locking the door.

"Sit down," I ordered, putting the flower in the vase on my desk and poured a large amount of peroxide over the cloth. "Hold out your hand." I said, kneeling in front of him.

"You don't have to-"

"Try not to cry like a little baby- it's only peroxide, okay?" I smiled and placed the cloth around his hand, where the skin was beaten up and raw from the rose thorns.

"Ow," he hissed quietly.

"Oh, quit your whining."

Five minutes later I announced, "There- you're all fixed up." I looked up at him and our eyes just locked. I found it amazing how the moonlight managed to travel all the way through the window and into his eyes.

We just stared at each other for the longest time, until he asked, "Want to play twenty questions?"

"Um... okay, sure."

I plopped on my bed and looked at the ceiling, "Okay, you go first," I said.

I squealed quietly as I watched him take a running start and pounce on my bed beside me. "Okay... do you plan on going to college?"

"I don’t know... depends- I still haven’t figured out what I want to be."

"Well you better hurry up; you've only got a year."

I nodded, "I know, I know."

He rolled over on his back, so that he was looking at the ceiling too, "You're turn."

"Um," I started. "If you could go anyplace in the world; where would you go?"

He smiled. "That's an easy one- nowhere. If I could go anywhere in the entire world, I'd stay here in Jersey with you."

I smiled, filled with warmth. "Okay..."

"My turn," he stated. And I watched as his eyes traveled from on part of the ceiling, to the other as he thought of a question to say. "What do you want more than anything in the entire world?"

I felt like saying 'him', but like that would have helped anything. I decided on saying the second thing I wanted most. "To know someone loves me."

"How are you going to know that," he asked and looked over at me.

"Easy, they'll run after me when I run away from them... they'll never leave, even if I'm screaming. Someone who would sacrifice everything they have just to know that I love them back..."