My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 39

Just after that, Heather phoned Frank's cell and told us to go to this party... so we went through all this trouble to sneak out so that my mother couldn't see me and now we're walking down this street with hardly any street lights and cars lined up all the way along the side of the street. It felt kind of awkward- hearing the music blasting before we even got there as the bass echoed down the street.

When Frank and I arrived at the driveway, I stood in bewilderment as different groups of teens were scattered across the lawn. One was toilet papering the trees; another was chasing kids around with water guns and silly string... another were standing in a group smoking. We walked past all of them and walked in the door. I groaned as Heather immediately ran up to us and grabbed our arms, pulling us in before we even knew she was there...

There were roughly 20 people grouped up around a table in the middle of the living room (including Gerard and the guys). I squinted as we got closer to see a beer bottle sitting in the middle of the table; I pulled my arm from Heathers grip and stood back. "No way; I am not playing spin the bottle!"

"Aw, Anna, common, it'll be fun. Please?"

I shook my head. I scowled when Frank broke out giggling like a little school girl.

"What do you find so funny, Frankenstein’s monster?"

"You," he smirked. "You’re so unwilling."

Heather bit her lip and made puppy dog eyes. "Fine Frank," I snapped. "If it's so funny, I dare you to play.”

He shrugged. "Okay sure, but you have to play too,” and he winked.

They both started making puppy dog eyes. I growled, "Fine, I'll play the stupid game! I sat next to Gerard and crossed my arms miserably.

"What's the matter," he punched my arm playfully, "Afraid of landing on someone besides Frank?"

I protested, "No!"

"Oh sure..."

"You're being a real asshole, Gee," I said and watched as Frank sat about eight people down from me, between Mikey and some blonde girl. Heather whispered something to Frank and handed him the bottle and announced, "Okay everyone; let’s get back to the game."

I held my breath as Frank’s hand reached out and spun it and kept saying 'please don't be me, please don't be me, please don't be me', over and over in my head. I shut my eyes after it started slowing down and when I thought it came to a complete halt, Gerard nudged me, and I opened me eyes to see it pointed far from me, at a dark haired girl about five people to my left. Frank shoved his hands in his back pockets and walked past me, giving a weak smile as he walked past me and appeared in front of her.

I didn't think he would have actually kissed her. So I actually was shocked when he leaned in and gave her a quick kiss by the corner of her lips. You could tell she was expecting more- how typical. It might have been the shock- but a quick wave of nausea swept over me as I shot my head to the ground, blinking away a first unexpected tear as Gerard's hand appeared on my shoulder. "You okay," he asked.

"Yea... yea, I'm fine," I assured him. I felt angry when Frank's hand brushed against my back on his way back to his seat- and the funny think was, I didn't even know why.

In ten minutes, all seven people between Frank and I had gone, except Gee, who was going right now as my nerves built a wall inside me. When the bottle stopped, Gerard smiled devilishly at the girl across the table (which he had landed on) and they both got up and left the room. Everyone started cheering and Gerard gave me thumbs up on the way out the door. "I guess they're not playing anymore," Heather smiled.

The girl next to me nudged my ribs and whispered, "It's your turn."

"Oh... right, yea... it's my turn." I reached out for the bottle and felt the smooth glass between my fingers, setting it off in a mad swirl. I shut my eyes and kept thinking how mad I was at Heather and Frank for making me play this stupid game. I could hear the bottle start to spin in smaller circles and I sighed, wishing Gerard was still sitting next to me.

I didn't open my eyes until I was sure the bottle had completely stopped. I looked down in the direction it was pointing at and groaned. To my eyes, it looked like it landed on Mikey, but Mikey said something to Frank (and he shook his head) and Heather knelt between both of them and they quickly started talking between each other, sending quick glances at my every couple seconds. It ended with Heather and Mikey smirking between each other.

I felt like dying when Frank stood up, so I grabbed onto the table, feeling slightly light headed as his cheeks turned scarlet when everyone started clapping. "Oh my god," I whimpered and stood up, just as he appeared in front of me.

I noticed Gerard had poked his head in the doorway to see my execution. "You okay," Frank asked and I nodded quickly as his hand slid around my neck. 'Not this again', I thought as his other hand wove around my waist. 'Please don't make a big scene'. Our eyes met and at first I thought of running, but after his lips touched mine, that thought itself, ran. The first time his tongue slipped through my lips, my eyes blew open with shock, but after a while I settled down, and forgot about our little audience (who had by this time, gone back to the game).

My legs started giving in from beneath me and I (not purposely) started leaning backwards, dragging Frank with me. I had forgotten what I had said before about being just friends.

Maybe it was just the thought of what a good kisser he was. A quiet sound escaped from Frankie's mouth (after I playfully bit his lip) causing the audience to stare as I finally fell to the ground. Heather looked satisfied with what she had done.