My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 4

Frankie's POV

She was crying... man, how I hated to see her cry. It was sad, she looked small and brittle. She hugged her bag in her arms and leaned her face into it. I felt like I couldn't say anything... so I tried my best to make her feel better. I dropped my bag on the dirt trail and wrapped my arms around her, pulling her in tightly. "I wouldn't leave you alone... I promise." I felt ashamed of myself for making someone else feel bad, but it was her fault. She scared me so much when she didn't come up from the water. I thought maybe she did hurt herself... but, like all best friends... you always forgive each other a minute later, right?

He crawled up the path to her house and snuck inside. "I'll keep watch you go." and she shoved my bag in my hands, pointing me to the bathroom.

Anna's POV

I rummaged through my closet and found my usual black wardrobe and within ten minutes, Frank's already out of the shower and throwing around my pictures, observing each one precisely, which before, had been laid out perfectly on my desk. I grabbed my clothes and a towel and entered the steaming bathroom. I already knew the hot water would run out at any moment, so I hurried as quickly as I could, until 10 minutes later, I found myself applying black eyeliner in the foggy bathroom mirror. When I decided I was satisfied, I went in my room to see Frank, still going through pictures, not to mention, making a huge mess all over the place. I grabbed the comb and started running it through my short, black hair, well partially short. It's kind of long in the front (down to my chin), and at the back, it rests at the top of my neck. It's wavy, personally, I like it that way.

Frankie's POV

I don't think she realized how big a mess I was making with the pictures she took. There were a lot, ones from four years ago. I giggled lightly peeling one of them off her bulletin board, seeing her and I in one of those photo booths. It must have been the only one she hadn't taken herself. "I like this one best!" I grinned widely holding it up. She turned her head from the mirror, where she was combing her hair, and shook her head.

"You only like it because you're in it, I didn't even take it."

"You're smart,” I lied. The only reason I liked it was because she was in it too. I ripped off the bottom one a stuck it in my pocket, without her noticing and then, put the rest of them back on. I took her camera and headed for the stairs, grabbing my books on the way out.

"Frankie, get back here with that!" She yelled and took off after me. We ran down the stairs, through the kitchen and out the front door.

"Let's get coffee!" I yelled, forgetting Mrs. Peterson was out here, and bumping into her round, heavy body and bouncing off in Anna's direction. "Oh... hi," I said, and smiled innocently.

"What are you two doing here? You should be at school." she started, her thick English accent taking up the air as she put her hands on her waist and Anna started fumbling.

"Uh...well, err... we... were, uh... just leaving..." she started; I rolled my eyes at her lack of innocence and finished the sentence for her.

"Anna forgot to grab her camera, so we had to come back to get it before she had photography today."