My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 40

And all would have been fine after that, if my memories hadn't gone back in order and I realized what I had said about being friends.

My genius plan took action and I got up and ran for the door. I kept running down the street to the corner and quickly thought of the next direction as I heard footsteps come up behind me. I decided on the cemetery and started running faster than I thought I could.

With my luck, the rain was pouring down my the time I got to the gates and jumped the fence, passing through tombstones and benches until one foot tripped over a stump in the ground and I flew forward with a crash into the closest gravestone. "Anna, please stop running," I heard Frank yell from a distance as I went to stand up.

My make-up was running, my clothes were drenched, my hair was sticking to my face, I was mad, and Frank was standing a foot away from me.

"What's the matter?"

"You," I pushed him. "What the hell is your problem? How could you have just done that and not thought about what we already are? Friends- we're friends Frankie, nothing else! Nothing else would work!"

"Because you won't give it a chance," he said.

"What," I asked, insulted.

"Just settle down."

"Don't tell me to settle down."

"Then... here," he started rummaging through his pockets and pulled out a pack out smokes, holding them out to me.

"What the hell do you want me to do with this?" I said, taking them from him and opening the package, already making up my mind of what I was doing with them.

"Use it, if you aren't going to settle down yourself, then us it."

"Fine, I will," I said smugly, holding it between my lips and trying to get his crappy lighter working.

I didn't choke like last time, or cough- or anything. It was like I was been smoking for the last five years. I put his lighter in my pocket and shot him an evil glare. Ten minutes later, my make-up was running, my clothes were drenched, my hair was sticking to my face, Frank was standing a foot away from me- but I had calmed down.

"You okay now," he asked.

"Yea, I'm fine," I said, throwing the butt on the ground and turning on my heel towards the gate.

"Wait," he called.

"What?"

"Why'd you run," he asked.

I thought. "Why'd you run after me?"

He looked down at his muddy sneakers and said, "You asked me to run after you if you ran away. I took it as a promise. You should know by now I keep my promises."

I looked up at him with a shocked look on my face. Maybe Frank was who I was supposed to be with for the rest of my life. Now all I needed was proof.

"Want me to walk you home," he asked.

I nodded and looked to the ground as his arm draped around my shoulder, pulling me into his side as we started off for the hell I was to call home for the next year and a half.

Maybe this could work out between Frank and I...

I paused at the eavesdrop when we got back. "Do you think this would work," I asked.

He smiled politely, "You never know unless you try."

"Maybe we could try it out sometime then," I suggested.

"Sure; want to go out tomorrow night then?"

I nodded, "Okay, sure."

"See you tomorrow," he winked and kissed my cheek and took of down the street, leaving me standing in the rain with a dumbstruck smile on my face.