My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 41

***ONE YEAR LATER; Frankie's POV***

I’d like to say that that night changed the way we thought about each other forever- but it didn't. It did change the way we thought about each other for the first two weeks, then it kind of just ended and we went back to being friends. Not to say that I don't love her anymore- I do; the same way I always have. I'd do anything for her- I'd die for her. But I'd be too afraid that she'd only take it as a friendly gesture and I'd die with no purpose.

I'm thinking of asking her to prom, even though I've heard on more than one occasion that she didn't intend on going- even if someone did ask her.

It's May 23 of my senior year of high school. Since school is over in two weeks and no one ever shuts up about graduation or the prom- I guess that mean's we're in the middle of exams (which are starting to piss me off).

Oh yea- Pencey Prep finally got a record deal. We're recording our CD right now, so as you can imagine, that and working at Bill's, is going to make my brain explode from all the things spinning inside it. Plus; it doesn't help that I'm going to huge parties every weekend.

Mikey, Gerard, Ray and Bob all went through a phase this year where they were so busy that they didn't communicate. They all just kind of lost touch after Gerard went to New York being an artist, Bob was away at school and Ray was off doing whatever- I heard it was some kind of band thing. Mikey was the only one here that I actually talked to (besides Heather and Anna). His family moved here around the same time Gee went to New York, so now they don't live as far. But, even he's been kept busy with all this school stuff- and, I am surprised to say that Heather and him are still intimately dating and happy.

***

"Hey, Frank, what are doing' after school?" Anna came up and plopped next to me on the school steps.

"Going to work," I grumbled miserably. I just found out that I'm doing really shitty on my English finals and my pessimistic mind was telling me I was going to fail.

"Oh- well, what are you doing tomorrow night?"

"I don’t know, probably going to get wasted at an eyeball records party, like I do every weekend," I yawned.

"I’ve got a better idea," she offered.

I was open. "Hit me."

"Well, Gerard is flying in from New York at seven tonight, and Bob's driving in tomorrow morning, and Mikey called Ray, who said he's free too."

"Yea, and," I edged. I already knew that much.

"Well, Gerard phoned Mikey, who told Heather, who told me to tell you that Gerard can get us into this super cool underground club, it's supposed to be amazing."

A mischievous smirk came across my face, starting at one ear and ending at the other. "Anna, you're a genius!"

She smiled, "Thanks."

I looked down at my watch, "Got to get to work, or I'll be late... again. Then I'm going to the studio for a bit, then I'm come see you and Gee. Talk to you later," and I headed down the parking lot to my mother's rusty old station wagon and zoomed off down the street.