My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 5

I mouthed 'thank you' as we silently snuck away and started down the street.

"You need to practice your excuses," he said.

"I was caught off guard that time and you know it, I saw how surprised you were when you ran into her," I remarked smartly.

"Oh really?"

I squealed as I felt him tackle me to the ground. "How about now?" He smirked. Damn. I was trapped. He was sitting on top of me. But even after a few minutes of laughing, it began to get awkward. Why do I feel like this? Isn't this wrong? I thought to myself. I felt a weird numbing feeling take over my whole body. Without realizing it... our faces were about an inch apart from each other.

"Frankie... get off." I commanded, and used little effort to throw him off me as I grabbed my stuff and brushed off my body. "Okay... let's go get coffee; it's your turn to pay," I said, and smiled as I marched away.

***

As we walked closer to the coffee shop, I pounced on his back as he walked it and a familiar ring filled the room. I was laughing, until I looked up at the counter and quickly got off. "Dammit," I cursed under my breath.

"What? Scared of super-geek?"

I hid behind Frank's shoulder, seeing Danny. "Maybe."

We approached the counter, and no matter how hard I tried to avoid him, he saw me. "Hi," he breathed heavily and I gagged, seeing his braces. I'd hate to know what he hides in there.

"Hi." I cautiously said, peeling out from behind Frank.

"Are we still going on that date?" Again I gagged. Oh my god, he remembered. Never ask geeks to do your homework for you... it comes with a price. This... just happened to be mine.

"Uh..." I stumbled. Frank cocked an eyebrow at Danny, then me made a funny face. "Uh... I guess so," I sighed. Better get it over with now.

"How about tonight." He breathed hardly.... wow, he sounded like that weird Star Wars dude.

"Fine." I looked down. This is gay.

"Great, meet me here at seven." I shook my head. Fine.

"Okay, can I get my order now?" Frank interrupted Danny's freaky stares. A little late Frank, now I'm screwed. Danny gave Frank a dirty look before giving him the two coffees and leaving the counter.

"Did I ever tell you how much I hate you?" I asked, annoyed.

"Why?" Frank asked.

"Because... you practically set me up on a date!"

"Oh settle down. Just don't go then."

I'm lucky Heather isn't here. She would definitely make me go. "Good, I'm not. Why would I want to go on a date with him." After half swallowing his coffee, I watched Frank choke and point behind me.

"You're going on a date?" Heather asked.

I had to jinx myself, didn't I? I stumbled for words.

"Uh... no."

"Well... That geek behind the counter, is eyeing you down, want me to give him the finger?"

I shook my head. "No... save your energy. Let's take this stuff elsewhere." I suggested... well, kind of commanded as I ran to the door to escape the place where I felt there was no more air.