My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 50

Anna's POV

I woke up late that night (or maybe it was early that morning) in a cold sweat, gasping for air. Looking around the room, I was trying to remember what I had dreamt about. That was the fourth night in a row where that had happened to me. My head started burning, nauseously sending me tripping as I made my way across the room. When I got in the hall, I realized that my dream wasn't the only thing I didn't remember- I couldn't remember very much from earlier that night either. I remembered dancing with Heather and drinking with Frank...and...we were dancing.

I looked down the stairs and decided I was not doing down them, so I went across the hall where the bathroom was and unexpectedly ended up spending ten minutes with my head over the toilet. I decided after that episode, that it would probably be smart to brush my teeth.

I splashed cold water over my face until I felt a bit better, then I grabbed a couple aspirin from the medicine cabinet, took them and looked down the steps, thinking how nice a glass of orange juice would be right now.

Taking one step at a time, I slowly made my way down the stairs to the kitchen. As I walked through the living room, I heard Heather call out half in her sleep, "Go back upstairs."

"I'm just getting a drink," I quietly called back, being careful of not waking anyone else up. As I stepped around the table, another wave of nausea came over my and I flung forward over the sink. By the time it was over- the sink had been running full blast for 10 minutes, and I was a wreck half in tears.

I sobbingly walked over to the cupboard, pulling out a glass and grabbed the orange juice from the fridge. But when I went to close the refrigerator door, Frank was standing behind it and scared the shit out of me.

"What the hell are you doing up?" I accused, pouring my juice and putting it back in the fridge.

"Same as you."

I raised an eyebrow, "Puking your guts out? It doesn't look like it..."

He looked around, "Actually, no. I was looking for aspirin; I got a killer head ache."

"Upstairs in the bathroom medicine cabinet."

"Oh... okay," he said and disappeared up the stairs as I started chugging down the entire glass.

I made my way back to my room, crawling under the covers and hugging my pillow as I started dozing off...

I woke up again a little while later; something caught my attention- there was someone else in the room. At first I was too scared to move- paralyzed in my bed looking up at the ceiling, wishing whoever it was would just go away. But then after a while, I sat up and looked around my room and my heart beat started to slow down when I saw Frank sitting in the seat by my desk, looking down at something small in his hands.

"What are you doing in here?"

He looked up shocked; I don’t think he realized I was up... "Oh... sorry- I j-just... couldn't sleep. I was just thinking… about something. I'm sorry; I'll leave.” He went to stand up; he was rather jumpy.

"No- Frank, it's okay... "

He sighed and sat back down in his chair. "Why'd you decide to think in here? You usually go outside and smoke up a storm."

"It's too lonely out there," he whined.

That's when it hit me... there was something wrong. "Well... Come and sit down," I offered, pointing to the empty spot next to me on the bed.

He hesitated- then came over and sat down.

"What's in your hands?" I asked curiously a few silent moments later. He held out the missing picture from my board that went missing last June. "So that's where that went."

He sighed, "Don't we look happy in it?"

I nodded.

"I wish we were that happy now," he said quietly.

"Frankie, what's the matter?" I asked, pulling him in closer and wrapping my arms around his torso securely.

I felt his chin rest in the top of my head as he whispered, "Do you know what happened earlier?"

I shook my head.

"You don't remember at all?"

"No."

"Please try to remember it... please," he pleaded.

An image of me kissing him popped into my head. "Frank, what happened earlier?"

"You don't remember at all?"

"No..."

His arms rested around me. "Frank, you're not making any sense- what happened earlier?"

It was silent for a long time before he started, "I... we...no, I... I kissed you. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have."

"Oh... okay."

"You hate me now?"

"What? I'd never hate you. I just wanted to know what happened earlier- it only bugged me that I couldn't remember..."

He lightly kissed the top of my head, "I love you so much..."

"I love you too. I always have," I replied and we just sat there all night with our arms wrapped comfortably around each other until we both passed out again.