My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 52

Anna's POV

I think it was almost supper when I woke up. Frankie was curled up like a baby beside me as I smiled down at him before I got up and stumbled down the stairs looking for the last place the bottle of aspirin had been trailed off to.

"What are you cooking?" I asked Ray, who had a pair of very flashy pink (flower print) oven mitts on.

"Bob showed me how to make pizza! It wasn't that hard. But I accidentally hit the roof trying to be like those pizza dudes and it stuck there for a while. Bob said all the germs would come off in the heat of the oven, so I just kept making it."

I smirked and looked down at the cheese laying it strands across the toppings in the oven.

"Where's Frankie," Ray asked in a girlish voice with a weird smile.

I made a funny face and answered, "Upstairs; sleeping. Like a baby."

"Ha- a baby. Frank is a baby."

I smiled, "Yea I know."

"I think I even caught him sucking his thumb once," Ray remarked.

"Listen, Ray- do you know here the aspirin ended up?"

"Oh- that's easy. It's over there on the counter."

I turned on my heel and walked over to the counter by the sink and pulled out a glass, filling it with water, "Thanks Ray."

I popped two aspirins out of the container at the same time I heard Frankie groggily say, "Hey guys," as he stumbled into the kitchen. I handed out the aspirin bottle to him, but before he took it, I felt arms around my waist as my feet lifted of the ground as he spun me in one full circle. He took a couple aspirins, and then started sniffing the air.

"Mmm... pizza," he remarked, opening the oven a bit and sticking his face right in the space before flinching back a few moments later, "Ow, hot!"

I started laughing. "Yes Frank, ovens are hot," I said and kissed his cheek. "All better now?"

"I don't think it's better yet," he remarked.

I sighed and kissed him once more on the cheek. "How about now?"

He shook his head and I yet again, kissed his cheek. But he moved his head and I ended up kissing him on the lips. "Will you... go to prom with me," he asked.

"I don't know. I thought I told you before I wasn't going- even if someone did ask me," I said jokingly.

"Well... couldn't I be an exception?"

"Well... if you want to go so badly- I guess so," and I added a sigh to make it seem more dramatic, even though he knew I was kidding.

"That sounds good," he said and his face got really close to mine.

Ray started screaming, "OH! SOMEONE'S GOT A GIRLFRIEND," and everyone came running in from the living room except Bob.

"Hey, the Smashing Pumpkins are on TV guys," Bob called from the living room and everyone towered around the couch. The kitchen was empty when I peered into the window of the oven. I smirked when I pulled on the oven mitts and pulled out the finished pizza.

Once everyone could smell it, they all lined up, towering pizza slices on plates. I almost thought we’d need to make a fourth pizza by the time everyone had there's. We all sat in the living room, sitting on anything we could find- couches, chairs, the floor- and other people. Then we all sat together and watched two hours worth of music videos, whether or not they were good.

***