My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 53

They next day we were at school, Danny Morgan walked up to me at lunch. "Hello Sienna," he greeted with a weird little snort-type giggle. "I'm so excited for prom; I just can't wait to see you in your dress."

I'd forgotten what my mother had said over the phone. "Ah- Danny, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. See- when my mother told me the other evening, I had already been asked earlier that day, sorry Danny."

His face turned almost as red as his hair and he started huffing and puffing like the big bad wolf. "You mean... we're not going together?"

I shook my head.

"What! I thought we were going! I thought it was a date- I...I thought you cared for me! But I guess I was wrong about you, you're nothing but a...a no good tramp! And I'll bet it's that Iero guy too!"

I looked down at my shoes, rather fumed about the immature name calling.

"It is him! Oh I knew it! Just wait- I'll get you for this... you'll see! You'll pay for this if it's the last thing I do," and he stormed off in the opposite direction to where he usually sat. I thought it was kind of weird that he was walking in the corner where all the jet set kids usually ate- but maybe he was heading for the door that lead outside.

'Well that was rather dramatic', I thought to myself as I sat down at my table, where Heather and Frank were sitting now. "Hi guys," I greeted and started eating my lunch.

But about five minutes into it I kept getting the strange feeling I was being watched. But as I looked around the room it seemed everyone was staring at me. But everyone always gave glances my way- I was a freak; big deal.

But I couldn't help feeling slightly uncomfortable.

"Is something up," Heather asked, looking across the table at me.

I shook my head and looked sideways, just happening to see the entire football team look at me and I shot my head down.

"Are you sure," Frank asked, "You look kind of pale... well- paler than usual."

“Actually,” I said pushing my tray forward, "I think I feel kind of sick now that I think about it. Frank, do you want to walk me home?"

I got up and grabbed my bag off the floor.

"Ah... sure," Frank replied, looking around for his bag and he got up and followed me out the door.

My heart was thumping the whole half the way home. I knew we were being followed be someone- but I didn't want to turn around and find out. I was practically running down the street, glued to Frank's arm. "Listen Anna, is there something wrong... you seem kind of... jumpy."

"And she should be," I heard from behind us. I froze stiff, about to die as I slowly turned around.

As I suspected, the entire football team (and more) were slowly walking around us, forming a circle. Without noticing it, they were leading us into the empty alley. As I was pushed harshly against a wall; I caught a glimpse of one of the baseball bats.