My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 54

Frankie's POV

I felt half my lunch come up my throat by the third punch to the chest. All I could keep thinking was 'what did I do'? I didn't know who, but guys were holding my arms, keeping me in a (partially) upright position- they weren't finished with me yet. It took a knee in the groin to realize they were finished- or so I thought.

Something swept under my feet, knocking me to the ground.

I could hear crying. My head wasn't thinking straight, so I couldn't realize where it was coming from. Then I heard someone scream and realized it was Anna.

"Leave her alone! Don't touch her... please."

The respond I got was a punch in the head, knocking out a couple of the math questions I had done earlier that morning. I saw some freak with a blonde buzz cut push her against the wall and tried to get up, out of instinct, but flew back down when I got a baseball bat in the ribs a couple times.

These guys were hitting me like they'd be hitting some sort of steel. My entire body was filled with pain; including a sharp pain in my left side. I felt useless as some 300 pound jock I knew as the quarterback got on top of me and gave me yet another punch in the head. When I tried to fight back, some freak started whacking the shit outta my arm with the baseball bat.

Despite the guy on top of me, I was still getting kicks in my ribs and head and my legs felt so numb I couldn't even feel them. I kept thinking about what they were doing (or going to) do to Anna.

The last thing I do remember was a punch in the face, somewhere around my left eye, but after that it was all darkness.

Anna's POV

I woke up crying, at first not knowing where I was. My throat hurt and so did my collar bone. The top three buttons on my blouse weren't there anymore- it must have been from when the guy knocking me against the wall, he was holding onto my shirt. I looked around, confused. I grabbed my bag from beside me and sat up. There was a body sprawled out on their back about four meters away from me. I crawled on my knees to it and noticed it was Frank and broke into an instant state of panic.

"Wake up... Frank; get up!" His face was all dirty and bruised, there was a thick puddle of blood around his head, his clothes were all raggedy and I couldn't see his bag anywhere. "Frank... please wake up," I sobbed, lightly touching his swollen cheek.

I was afraid to move him, or touch him- or anything. I just sat there and cried, not knowing what to do, but then I rummaged through my bag and pulled out my cell phone, dialing 911.