My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 56

I sighed at looked across the room to the window when there was a rustling at the door.

"Hey Anna," Heather said from the doorway, with a weird look across her face.

Mikey pushed passed her and walked into the room across the bed from me. "Holy shit," he remarked. "What happened? It looks like he got in a car crash."

"I don't feel like explaining it anymore," I said and looked back down at the sheets.

Before long, the whole gang had pushed through the doorway except Gerard, who simply stood outside in the hall. I got up and walked up to him. "You want to go outside," I asked.

He nodded, "Sure."

I pulled my jacket in closer as I pulled a pack of smokes from my pocket and stuck one in my mouth. "So... what did the doctor say?"

"Uh... he'll be alright. He's got two broken ribs, and they fractured his arm."

"Oh... did they hurt you?"

I sat down on the curb and looked down the street at the dim street lights. "No... At least I don't think so."

"What do you mean you don't think so?"

I shuffled my feet around, "I don’t know... I passed out. I think when the one guy pushed me he tried to choke me or something, but I don't know."

"What makes you think that?"

I opened my jacket to reveal the yellow bruise around my collar. "Whoa dude- you're shirt."

"I know."

"Do you think he tried to... uh, well- you know what I mean."

"No- my buttons ripped of when he pushed me against the wall, he was grabbing onto the collar of my shirt."

"Uh- okay. Just be careful."

I nodded as he came and sat beside me. "So... how are you?"

"I guess I'm okay. But I still can't help but to feel like it's my fault- you know? I mean. I was the one who asked him to come with me in the first place. It's all my fault."

"It's not your fault- they must have targeted him for some reason, or else they would have hurt you too... I wonder why."

"I'm going back inside," I said, crushing my smoke under my sneaker and headed inside with my hands shoved in my pockets.

I went back upstairs and stood by the doorway for a bit while everyone was crowded around the bed talking. By the time they noticed I was leaning in the doorway, there was a nurse waiting behind me trying to get in. I quickly stepped out of the way, letting her in.

I heard a familiar click of heels and slid down the wall to the floor, letting more tears spill out of my eyes as Frankie's mother jumped over my, and ran over to the bed saying, "Oh, my poor baby, what did they do to you," while she gently caressed his face, making sure he was still alive.

Once the guys realized the dramatic scene at hand, I guess they decided it was time to go. They each stepped over me, except for Mikey, who stopped and heard out his hand, pulling me from the ground. "You alright?"

I nodded, wiping my face. I hated to know what my make-up looked like right now. "I'll be fine. Thanks Mikey."

He tried to pull of what was considered a smile and hugged me before walking down the hall with a wave. Gerard never came back in. It might have seemed rude, but maybe it was just because he didn't exactly feel comfortable in hospitals, being afraid of needles and all...

I miserably walked over and sat in a chair by the bed. I secretly felt like passing out, sitting there watching his mother across from me, and the nurse making sure everything was in order. I stared at Frank's face for a good, long time, until I was snapped from my dreamland from his mother.

"Would you like me to grab you something from the cafeteria," she asked in the doorway.

I shook my head and looked down again as she quickly disappeared down the hall.

It was quiet until I heard another heavy breath and Frank said, "Hi."

"Hi, how are you feeling?"

He shrugged, "I've been better, but I'll be alright. I've heard the doctors whispering, they think I won't last the night," he said in a dramatic girlie voice.

"I think otherwise." I started smiling.

"You liar," he smirked, "You can stop worrying, It's only a busted arm... and a few broken ribs. Why am I still here? Don't they send you home for broken bones and shit?"

I nodded, "Yea, but they want to keep an eye on you; they think you might have a concussion."

He growled," Well isn't that just peachy."

"Your mom's here, she just went downstairs to get something to eat, she'll be right back up. And they guys were here earlier."

"Oh."