My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 59

I nodded and felt my eyes start to sting.

"What's the matter? Please don't cry." I felt his hand near my face, slowly stroking away each tear.

"I wish we lived somewhere else," I stated, wondering what it would be like.

"I don't... it's not that bad here."

"Then I don't know what I want."

We sat there quietly for the next couple minutes, just listening to each others breathing.

"Your phone is ringing," he announced and I looked over at the side table as it started vibrating across the wood. I didn't want to answer it- but I picked it up and opened it.

"Hello?"

"Where the hell are you," my mother’s voice screamed in my ear and from the doorway there was another voice, "Visiting hours are over. They start again at six tomorrow."

I nodded at the nurse and turned back to my mom, "Listen, I'll phone you back in a minute, just wait," and I closed my phone before she had the chance to argue.

"I don't want to leave," I said.

"I don't want you to leave."

"I have to," I argued and started to get up. "I'll come back as soon as visiting hours start again tomorrow."

"You don't have to come that early."

"Well I am."

"Okay, okay, I'm not stopping you."

I stood up and leaned over the bed, slightly kissing his cheek before I went to turn away. Our hands were still entwined. I turned around and kissed him one more time before I let go of his hand and started for the door.

"Hey Anna," he said and I turned around. "Don't cry."

I sniffled and nodded and as I went to turn away, he said, "I love you."

I ran back and kissed him again, "I love you too, now don't say anything, please. I got to go before my mom thinks we're in the back seat of your car pulled off the highway somewhere."

"What's so bad about that?"

I blushed, "Shut up, I'll see you tomorrow morning. I'll bring you some coffee."

"Alright."

"Where do you want it from?"

"I don't care- just go before you get in trouble."

I nodded quickly as I turned around and started walking down the hall.

As I stepped outside, I pulled out my cell and dialed my mom’s number. She'd already called twice after I hung up on her.

"Sienna, what is the matter with you? Where are you? Are you with Frank? Answer me!" "Mom,"

I sighed, "I'm at the hospital- can you come pick me up?"

"Why? What happened? Did he hurt you?"

Figures- she would come up with some crazy story. "No mom, I'll explain it on the way home. Just... please come pick me up."

"Fine, be waiting."