My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 60

At least the fact that I said ‘hospital’ gained me a bit of sympathy- even though when she finds out it was Frank, she'll probably laugh. I saw a familiar pair of headlights pull in the parking lot and got up and stood by the curb. I opened the door before she even completely stopped.

"Sienna, what happened to your shirt... did he-I knew I shouldn't have ever let you two see each other."

"No mom- quit thinking Frank is some crazy pervert. Cause he's not. Do you really want to know why I'm here? Because a bunch of morons mugged him this afternoon when I asked him to walk me home because I didn't feel good and I didn't want to walk home myself. They hurt him- they could have killed him... do you have any idea how guilty I feel?"

"I'm sure you do... but he probably deserved it. Kids these days are just so mouthy; he probably said the wrong thing to the wrong person."

I could feel my face start to get really hot, then I screamed, "He didn't do anything- they came out of no where and started beating him up, when I tried to help him, they pushed me against the wall so hard it knocked me out... and when I woke up... you should have seen what he looked like. They stole his bag. You don't understand... you never understand."

"I just don't trust him, there's something funny about him."

"You know what- stop the car."

"What?"

"Stop it, I'll walk home from here, I'm not listening to you."

"No, you're not walking anywhere, it's too late."

"I hate you," I mumbled. And as she started to pull in the driveway a few moments later, I flew open the door and ran upstairs to my room, where I slammed my door and collapsed on my bed, drowsing off to the darkness.