My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 63

As nervous as I thought I was going to be, I walked down the hospital hall, balancing two coffees, my car keys and a bag of Frank’s clothes from my house. I stopped outside the door, hearing the sound of a woman’s voice, then walked in after taking a deep breath. I smiled when I saw Frank’s mother sitting in a chair talking to the doctor, and Frankie sitting cross legged on the bed, already dressed in a pair of jeans, and a t-shirt. He looked up and started smirking.

“Hi,” he greeted.

“Here’s your coffee. And I brought you clothes- but it looks like you don’t need them. What’s going on?”

“I died. You’re just seeing things.”

“Yea- then I guess this coffee is for me.”

“You piggy- look at all that coffee! Share!”

“No,” I stated. “You’re dead. Dead people don’t drink coffee.”

“Fine, I’m not dead,” he sighed.

“Good,” I said and sat down beside him. “I’d miss you. Here.” I held out his coffee.

“Thank you,” he smiled and kissed my cheek.

“So- what’s going on,” I asked.

“I’m going home at eleven.”

“Well that’s a good thing.”

Frank’s mom looked down at her small wristwatch and stated, “Well- I’ve got to go the work, I’ll see you tonight.” She leaned over and kissed him on the forehead. “There’s supper in the fridge. Be careful!”

Frank nodded and waved as the walked out the door.

My phone went off a few minutes later, and the doctor was still in the room. “You know those are supposed to be turned off in here.”

“I’m sorry- I’ll call them back,” I said and looked down, seeing my mother’s cell phone number on the screen. I shut it off.

“Your mom?”

“Yup. Of course. You should have seen her this morning! She started freaking out!”

“Well- just forget about her.”

“Yea, you’re right.”

We sat there and had thumb wars and played cards for a few hours until Frank was aloud to leave. We went to Frank’s house and sat on his living room couch and turned on a movie when I remembered that my mother had called and pulled out my cell phone, dialing her number.

“What’s the matter with you?”

“I was in the hospital- you’re not supposed to have cell phones on there.”

“Well- I need you to be home by four. I have to catch a plane and I need you to watch your sister.”

“Whatever.”

“I mean it, Sienna.”

“Yea, yea, bye.”

I groaned and chucked my phone on the couch.