My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 66

Just as the three of us were settling down on the couch, Heather burst in the door; her make-up smudged all the wya down her face in a fit.

"Heather, what's wrong," I asked.

"I need to tell you something," she replied quickly.

I nodded, edging her on.

"I'm pregnant," she announced.

My jaw dropped. "You're what?"

"I don't feel like repeating it; it's scary enough already."

"Oh God... what... what are you going to do?"

"What do you think?"

"You're keeping it? Heather- are you serious? You can't take care of a baby; you can barely take care of yourself."

"I know... I just; I didn't want to kill it." She came and sat down beside me, putting Emily on her lap. "I guess I'm going to have to learn." She took Emily's hand in her two fingers and bounced her on her lap.

"Took you long enough to tell her," Frank stated.

"You knew," I asked, turning to him.

"Yea- she wouldn't let me tell you. She... threatened me," he whined.

"Well," I turned back to Heather. "What did Mikey say?"

"He said... we can do this," she smiled, suddenly letting light shine through her.

"Well," I started. "I'm sure you're going to do fine then." I smiled.

She nodded and turned to the tv before putting Emily back down on the couch and saying 'I have to go somewhere', before she grabbed her coat and walked out.