My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 67

Frank had returned to school the next week. I led him carefully through the hallway crowd and moved against the lockers as the jocks swivelled past us, eyeing us down as if it were a threat. As if they would do it again at any moment.

We just stayed out of there way. We gave them no reason to pick a fight. It would be rude if they did. But it didn't matter anymore. We were done with them. Today- we celebrated our graduation.

The ceremony was over, and we all bathed in the sunlight infront of the school auditorium with our parents. Seeing Heather and Mikey together, made you wonder why you couldn't see that she was pregnant before. They looked so happy- except for the single glimpse in her eyes: she was worried. But she would do alright. They both would.

Her mother looked worn down as she heald the camera in hands, snapping pictures of all of us. Heather had never told her she was pregnant- she had found out herself when Heather's little baby bump began to form. She had been pushed away the first tiem she asked, but she knew. She did not at all support it... but Heather had respectfully told her about her thoughts on abortion. Her mother really did like Mikey too. She thought he was a nice young man. I don't think she knew they had been sleeping together...

My mother looked around discustingly from the wall she was leaning against.. My friends were 'dirty' and 'bad influences'. She didn't understand that they were the reason I was alive. I loved them. Every last one of them.

Franks parents, along with Mikey's were the only ones who looked truly happy. They went around congradulating all of us and hugging us, and tearing up as all parents should. Taking pictures and smiling- the whole deal.

Gerard and Ray and Bob were all there, laughing at us in all our little fancy outfits, even though they weren't dressed all that casual. The just kept saying about how we were all going to party after and get completely wasted. After last time... I really didn't know if I wanted to get wasted. I really didn't even want to go to prom. It seemed like such a waste....