My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 7

There was a little scene on the stairs between Anna and Mrs. Peterson, who ended finding out we skipped.

I sat in the chair by Anna's desk and heard her sigh before plopping on her bed. After a moment of turning the other way, she turned to face me, who had been eyeing her down for the last 2 minutes. "Frankie, why do you have to be so sensitive; just say what's on your mind for once."

Is this another quarrel? I stared at the wall. “Because I don't want to, so mind your own business," I snapped.

I watched her mouth open, like she was going to say something, but she shut it when Heather walked in.

"I found it!" Heather grinned, holding her hands behind her back.

"Found what?" Anna asked blankly.

"Your outfit silly!" Heather pulled them from behind her back and revealed to Anna, a pair of faded jeans, a red... uh.... tank top I think it's called.... and a black sweater. Then she threw a fluffy bright pink dress over it and I made a funny face, which neither of them were paying attention to. Heather seemed serious about it, but Anna kicked it off the bed and shrank away from it.

"Settle down, it won't kill you ya know," I said.

She turned around and snapped back, "Of course it won't, you'll beat it to me."

I stuck out my tongue.

She came out in her outfit, and Heather started clapping excitedly. I smirked lightly before turning back at the wall. She looked nice; too nice to go out with that creep.

"Like it?" Anna asked and looked up at the two of us hopefully.

"Of course I do, I picked it out!” Heather said, circling Anna like she was a mannequin.

"How 'bout you, Mr. Sensitive,"she asked with a pout. Oh great, I've acquired a nickname.

"You're the most beautiful person in the entire world... you don't need to wear fancy clothes to prove that," I mumbled, just quiet enough so that she couldn't completely hear it.

She rolled her eyes and turned back to Heather.

Then, I heard Mikey come through the door, calling our names. Then his brother Gerard and his friends Bob and Ray came in. And they brought pizza, yay!

"Let's play monopoly," Mikey yelled coming up the stairs and jumping on the bed.

"Mikey get down!" Heather instructed, as he stepped down and kissed her cheek before pulling out the board game and assorting the pieces, while Ray brought up the pizza- that every one grabbed at.

Gerard came and sat on the desk beside me, on top of all the scattered pictures. "What's up, beauty got your tongue?"

"Oh, shut up." I snapped miserably.

"You playing the game, Mr. Sensitive?" Heather yelled from the bed, pulling the thimble out of the box.

"Yea, guess so."

An hour and a half later, Mikey won, like he usually manages to do. I sighed, threw the remaining cash in my pile in the middle and moved back to the chair by the window and watched Anna start down the street, then turned back to her pictures, moving quickly through them.