My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 73

My phone wrung. I looked down at the caller ID- it was Frank. I didn't answer it. I kept running. I knew he'd eventually get in his car and drive out after me if Heather didn't pick me up first. My heart was beating quickly. I didn't know if it was from running, or from what I was afraid of. Did I even know what I was afraid of? I didn't think so....

I stopped and caught my breath when I saw Heather's car drive down the street and ther horn go off as she came to a screeching halt beside me. My phone was ringing again.

I walked up and opened the door, plopping in the passenger seat, looking straight ahead. I could tell Heather was looking at me with those puppy dog eyes, sympathetically. "Sienna- what happened?"

"You already know. Your smart- figure it out," I pouted.

"You guys did it, didn't you," she said quietly.

"Told you you were smart."

"Yea, and it doesn't help your wearing his clothes, which are way too big on you by the way."

I sighed.

"You freaked out and ran?"

I nodded. "What did you do?"

"Same thing," she sighed.

"So I'm not abnormal?"

"Of course not- that's totally normal."

Just then, my phone rang again.

"Are you going to answer that," she asked.

"No. Not now."

"It's him?"

I nodded, "He called twice already. He was sleeping when I left... and I havn't been gone ten minutes."

"You know he really loves you," she stated.

"I know." That was a scary thought in a way. "I'll call him back later."