My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 8

Anna's POV

He was standing against the coffee shop wall; I suppose trying to act cool. "You're here... I thought you weren't going to come," Danny said, looking down at the ground.

'I wasn't going to,' I thought to myself. I'd rather be at home with Frank and the guys. I sighed, "Let's go."

He led me to his little car, all weathered up and lame. He opened the door for me, and shut it before I was ready for it to be shut. I sat silently until we arrived at this small little cafe-like place where all these lame people showed their love for music and poetry. The nerd ended up saying some poem I wasn't paying attention to. How could I? I was miserable in that place... I felt claustrophobic in the dark dusty; supposedly romantic area, where old men smoked and insecure teens told stories of how they felt inside. I kept trying to organize the files in my brain, looking up only to be irritated by the sound of laughing.

Afterwards he took me to the park and bought me a milkshake; the same milkshake I bought every weekend with Frankie. Danny kept trying to talk to me... even though I just tried my best to simply push him away.

"Can I go home now?" I asked, interrupting his last sentence.

He looked dumbfounded, then nodded, "Yea... uh- okay, sure." And we started turning back towards his car as we silently drove back to where my house.

Danny was standing in my doorway; I could see all the guys’ cars still in the driveway, so I was trying my best to take the keys out of my pocket to put in the door quickly. I could see flashes from the television through the curtains and I wondered why my mother's car wasn't in the driveway yet. "Thanks Danny." I said, smiling. It was fake.

"Oh...jeez anytime." He blushed and pushed up the glasses to the bridge of his nose before sniffling.

While I observed the driveway, and nearby street for her car, I didn't notice the quick action Danny made to lean in and kiss me. Fortunately, it wasn't nearly as quick as the action I made pulling away. "Uh... sorry, I shouldn't have." he stuttered.

I felt dizzy and felt a sickening sting rise up my throat while shaking my head. "No, I'm sorry... just... Danny, don't ever ask me out again." and I quickly unlocked the door, hurried inside and leaned on the back of the door, breathing heavily.

I looked across the room to see Matt playing his video games, while Bob slept on one couch, Mikey and his brother slept on the other, and Ray slept on the recliner. "Matt, where's mom?" I asked.

As he continued looking at the screen, I heard him reply, “She had to go away for the weekend, and she told me to tell you that you have to watch me."

"Where's Emily?"

"At grandma’s house for the weekend."

I grumbled and made my way up the stairs. I swung open my door and flung my bag on the bed. Where were Heather and Frank? Just as I thought that, Heather jumped on me from behind the door, "He kissed you! Oh my god, that's so cute! Where did he take you? Was it fun? Tell me everything!"

I sighed. Sometimes... Heather just couldn't be any more of a prep. "Just places... and he didn't kiss me. I'm never going out with him again, so that's all that needs to be said. And where'd Frank go?"

She rolled her eyes and replied with a hint of sauciness, "I don't know. He left a little while ago. He never told us where he went. Just said something about 'he needed to think'."

After looking out the window to see the wind blowing harshly through the trees, I grabbed my jacket and headed out the door and down the stairs, stomping angrily, half waking up the guys sleeping on the couches.

"Anna, where are you going?" Heather grabbed my shoulder, and spun me around. "I want to talk to Frank," I said quietly and I slammed the door as I pulled my jacket in close to me.