My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 88

Anna's POV

It was late- I could almost guarantee that it was past midnight. A weary feeling had overtaken me, but I felt no urge to sleep. I wished to be like the owls- to watch the world quietly from my perch. I was alone tonight. Locked up in the room I used to call my own. I hadn't left my mother's house- not by will. I was forced to stay here until my mother knew exactly what had happened over the night of prom. Not like the situation couldn't explain itself... And not like I had the stregth to bother with escaping. I was tired, and I didn't care where I was.

I listened quietly to the pattern of my breathing before my phone wrang in my hand. I felt almost too tired to answer it but lifted it to my face when I saw Heather's number on it before I quietly said, "Hi."

"Hey," she greeted back, seeming uncomfortable.

"What's up?"

"I don't know. I was wonderring if you could come over here for a bit."

"I don't know Heather- don't you think it's kind of late."

"I know... I just.... don't want to be alone. My parents are out of town, and Mikey said he's busy... but of course, he's always busy now, with Gerard and all. You were my next choice. Just... please?"

"Uh- I... I guess so."

"Thanks."

"No problem, just wait- let me grab some stuff and I'll be over in a bit." I hugn up and grabbed a handfull of clothes from each drawer in my room and my keys off my dresser before I slid open the window and covered my hands with the sleeves of my sweater and slid down the drainpipe. I ran over to my car and watched with a smirk as I saw my mother draw back the curtains to her bedroom as I started the car and pulled out of the driveway cautiously.