My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 89

I was greeted in the doorway by a hug before Heather rushed my inside from the oddly rough summer night winds. It seemed as if there would be a storm sometime tonight, as that was usually what wind brought in store.

We went up to her room and sat lazily on the bed watching latenight reality tv. Nothing interesting, really. We were both too tired to sleep and I could almost instantly tell that Heather was deeply troubled.

"What's wrong," I asked, trying to be sencere, but sounding a bit pushy.

"I don't know."

"Common, tell me- I won't tell anyone. I pinky promise," I said, lifting out my left pinky to greet hers as a graceful smile appeared on her face in the shadows as her hair fell in dirty wisps across her angelic face.

"I don't know. I... it's Mikey- this whole deal really. I don't think Gerard wants help. And really- he doesn't need it. Especially from us... He's older than most of us, he can make his own decisions. He is allowed to go out and party- through his eyes, it's fun... it's what people do after they finish school- like celebrating an accomplishment. I think it's a phase... I think it'll go away.

And Mikey is getting all wrapped up in problems that aren't even his. He's getting all worked up over something that he really can't control.... even if he's trying. He knows I admire that. But... now it seems like he's a completely different person. Like he doesn't even care that I'm here.... like he has other things that he would rather dedicate his time to. And... it scares me, Anna. What if I made a mistake? What if Mikey doesn't love me anymore? I... I can't do all this alone. I wasn't ready to be a parent in the first place... I need him. But if we aren't... I don'tr know how to explain it."

I sat wide-eyed. "Heather- Mikey is not the typer of person to do that sort of thing. He loves you tons. And you are the center of his universe. I know him... and you mean the world to him. And he will be there for you and your guys' child until he dies. Don't worry."

"Yea- you're probably right... I'm probably over-reacting."

"Just talk to him about it."

She smiled and nodded, wiping away the look of worry on her face. But I could still see the trouble in her eyes as she turned back to the tv screen and away from me.