My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 9

I could hear guys whistling behind me and walked faster down towards Frankie's house. I passed a group of people smoking in the park corner and they all stared as I gave them an evil glare. I could see the guys behind me start to follow me and I sped up Frank's driveway and pounded on the door. Small Mrs. Iero answered the door and observed the cold, dark air behind me, them looked at my face, which was now red from the cold and I felt tears start stinging in my eyes. "Sienna dear, what's wrong," she asked, seeming concerned.

"Is Frank here, I need to talk to him."

She shook her head and I dropped my shoulders in despair.

"Do you know where I could find him?"

I bit my lip ring and started walking away from the doorway when she shook her head no.

Where would Frank be? Where have I found him before? Dammit, think! The park- no. A friend's house- no, their all at my house. What about- I got a bright idea.

I could see the cemetery start to grow in the distance and ran as fast as I could, seeing the guys behind me start to holler things and walk faster. I kept running, even until I felt like collapsing until I reached the cemetery gates. Afraid of the time it would take to run around to the entrance, I hopped the fence and started running through the rows of tombstones. I started yelling for Frank, until after I while I just started yelling for help. These guys were still following me and I was starting to panick. From what I could see, the cemetery was empty. "Frank! Help... Where are you Frankie? God- somebody help me!" I screamed, and as I looked behind me at the huddle that was closing in, someone grabbed me from the front and I screamed and struggled to get away, until I realized it was Frank whispering quietly, 'It's okay, stop it, it's only me'. I grasped onto the back of his jacket and buried my head it, holding on to him as tight as possible. It was comforting to know he was holding on to me the same way. I wasn't paying proper attention, only enough to see him take a heavy breath, then chuck something on the ground before stepping on it. I forgot about it.

When four or five guys approached us, hollering crude comments which cannot be said in the contents of this story, Frank let go of me and started to approach them. “What’s your problem?"

"Yo man, we was just foolin', no harm done."

I felt scared for Frank, since he didn't seem scared. Frankie's only 5'6'' and these other guys looked about 6 feet tall, I hope nothing was going to happen, it had already been a long night, I'd rather not spend the rest in a hospital waiting room. "Frank, forget about it," I said.

"No, I won't," he said and spun around just long enough to make eye contact with me, then turned back to the gang. "What the hell is your problem? You just randomly follow girls around town for what reason?"

The tallest one shrugged. "Look man, we wasn't causin' no harm, just havin' some fun."

"Well, get the hell outta here now. Go find somewhere else to have fun or I'll call the cops," and he pulled out his cell for proof. I wished mine had been working, but the battery was dead.

"Yo, man, we're sorry. We won't bother the lady again." And with that, the group turned the other way and made their way down the street.