My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 90

The tv was off. The covers were pulled up. The air was thick with moisture that we hit from as we breathed in the night air heavily. We listened to silence and watched as the headlights of cars passed through the blinds of Heather's room. I knew she was awake. She knew I was awake. But the company of silence didn't bother either of us as I noticed Heather turn on her side facing me.

"Anna. I'm sorry I havn't been the best friend lately. I've been so preoccupied that I guess I kind of pushed you out of the way..."

"It's alright Heather, it happens to all of us. I know I've been pre-occupied too. Frank says it, but that's only because Frank speaks his mind. I don't need you to tell me- I just know. And I kind of agree with you.... about Gee and all. But I just want him to be okay. For Mikey's sake. And for his own. Gerard's a really good guy and I wouldn't want anything to happen to him."

"I know what you mean. I'm just sorry. I'm in my own hole and I want you to know you're my best friend and you always wll be. I love you," she mumbled, seeming choked up.

"It's alright- I know that Heather, I love you too. Hey- remember that time when we went to the beach, but it rained and we were going to drive all the way back home, but then Frank decided we'd get wet anyways and got us all swiming? And then we went up that trail and Mikey got a rash because he accidentally touched poison ivy? And then our sandwiches got soggy and we dared Bob to eat them anyway?"

"Yea- how could I forget. That was the day we all became close friends. We swore we'd always be friends."

"That wasn't it. That was also the day you and Mikey hooked up if I do remember correctly."

I heard her giggle. "Yea... I wish we were as close as were then."

"You guys are very close."

"I'm almost closer to you," she sighed.

"Seriously Heather- he loves you and I swear it. Call him tomorrow and tell him you want to talk to him."

"It just might be the last time I ever talk to him..."

I laid in the dark, ignoring Heather's negative reaction, thinking it would just wear off. But it was strangely confusing.... what did she mean? She wouldn't break up with him, would she?