My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 97

"Hello," Mikey greeted after pulling it to his ear.

Frank and I both looked at eachother before he looked back at Mikey as a troubled look came across his face.

"Wait... hold on... Heahter, slow down, I can't understand you..."

Heather must have decided to call him, but Mikey seemed more concerned than he would in a phonecall I was expecting her to make. Suddenly, he stood up and turned around, trying to make the conversation more private... but Frank and I could still hear what he was saying.

"Yes... Of course I do... Heather... Yes, I promise... Okay, I love you... Yes, I love you more than anything in the world... What's wrong?"

I turned to Frank and a sick feeling filled my stomach as I heard Mikey start to curse and pace around in circles. I continued to listen.

"No.. Heather... God- just... Yes... I do, I swear... Alright. I'm coming.... No. God-damn... Just stay.... I'M COMING. I LOVE YOU! Don't... don't," and then he mumbled a few words I didn't hear before he hung up the phone.

"Mikey, you're back on," a man said from the doorway.

"I gotta go," Mikey said, pushing past him.

"You can't-"

"I GOTTA GO! I NEED TO HELP HER!"

Frank and I pushed through the crowd and I grasped onto his sleeve at the same time he swung around, "I need your keys," he stated, holding out his hand to Frank.

"Man- you are in no condition to drive, what happened?"

"I NEED YOUR KEYS!"

"Where are you going," Frank asked. "I'll drive you."

"I gotta go... she's gonna die," he mumbled in a cry as he swung back and raced out to the car with Frank and I running behind him and me shouting, "What do you mean? Mikey- what are you saying? What do you mean?"

But he never answered. The whole time he sat in the car, the only thing he said is 'faster', and Frank jsut kept replying, "I'm going as fast as I can, if I go any faster, I'll get a ticket!"