My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 98

We all swung open Heather's front door and heard a noise from upstairs as we all raced up the stairs to where it was coming from: her room. My heart fell to the floor as I looked down at the blood stained carpet and my friends body on the floor in it.

I screamed and turned away from it, sliding down the wall to the floor and burrying my head in my hands as Mikey ran in crying words before I heard him on the phone, dialing 911. In the time it took for the ambulance to come, I stayed where I was until Frank tried to pull me upwards.

"I didn't understand," I mumbled. "I knew it was coming..."

"It's okay," he whispered, allowed my head to me burried in his shoulder, trying to comfort me without bringing me to her.

"Is she still alive," I asked the question that raced through my mind the most.

"Barely- she'll be okay if she gets to the hospital soon, I promise," he said.

I cried until Frank pulled me in closer as the paramedics raced past me and into the room to grab Heather. He pulled me in closer because he knew I didn't want to see. I didn't want to see her. He burried my head in his shoulder to sheild me from the horror I wish I had never knew. Because he knew what I was thinking. He understood that much.

But after she was gone, and Mikey was with her in the ambulance, it was just Frank and I in the hallway. He didn't say anything. He held me until I stopped sobbing, and only stopped to ask if I wated to go. Of course he meant, to see if she was okay...

And we did. We got into his car, ignoring the mess that I wouldn't dare look at, and drove silently down the street. The day that seemed to start off with a bit of sunshine popping out from behind the clouds was now clouded over and pouring rain.

I watched as the raindrops drizzled down the window in my own misery before I felt Frank's hand grasp mine and say, "Everything is going to be okay." And because it was him, I believed it.