Zombie Apocalypse

Outbreak

7 MONTHS AGO

Life was great and entertaining. Everyone was there for me. Nothing bad was going on in life. Nobody watched the news or read the newspaper. We thought that there was no point in it. It was December, a nice and cold one. The snow fell beautifully and school was canceled on many days. One day it wasn't. One day, the worst thing possible happened. One day, the earth became doomed. And it was all because of me.

I was at school. It was a pretty awesome day until P.E., my last period of the day. I was playing basketball with my friends. I thought I was doing pretty good. I saw a bird flew and it dropped two baby birds, without coming back to pick it up. We all stopped playing to look at it.

"Hey, it's a bird." Jonathan said.

"Wow, it's all pink and gross." Wentao said.

The bird was twitching. Trying to act cool, I stepped on it. Blood squirted out of it and everyone except me got sprayed with blood. I stepped back, alarmed. It had a lot of blood for something that small. I could see the organs popping out of the bird's body. I could see part of it's brain coming through it's head.

"What the hell!" Wentao said.

"Oh god..." Albert said.

I saw a teacher staring at me from the door. She didn't say anything, but I was certain that she wanted to talk with me. She beckoned me to come forward. I reluctantly did.

"Why did you kill that bird?" she asked sternly. I didn't answer. "Office, now."

I began my cold and lonely walk to the office. I didn't know what our principal, Mr. Gray, was going to do. As I was nearing the office, I heard the bell ring. That meant school was over and I could try to ditch going to the office and head home. I tried running through the gate before Mr. Gray could get informed.

Unluckily, since the office was next to the gate, he was waiting outside just for me.

"Hello sir," he said. "Would you please follow me inside the office."

I went inside the office into his room, wondering how he knew about what I did. We eventually sat down.

"So I heard you stepped on a poor innocent bird?" he asked.

"Yeah..." I mumbled.

"What do you think you deserve as a punishment?" he asked.

"Nothing." I said, trying to joke around with him so he might let me off a little.

"Funny guy." he said. "Since you won't answer correctly I will give you two weeks of detention."

"Your joking." I asked worryingly.

"You're right, I am." he said. I felt relieved. "You will get four weeks of detention, including three weeks of it during summer break. You shall come here at three in the afternoon and leave at seven o'clock."

"What!" I exclaimed.

"Case dismissed." he said. "Your detention period starts today. Move on before I give you detention for the whole summer."

I unwillingly left the room and sat at the chair in the office. There were two other people sitting at the chairs next to me. I knew them both, one was Clint and the other was Jack Sun (aka Buddha). Clint had long flowing hair while Jack had none.

"Give me my five dollars Jack." Clint said in a strange accent.

"Hell no!" Jack yelled.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked, wanting to be in this conversation.

"Jack owes me five dollars." Clint said. "Never mind that, it's just a stupid phrase I say to him. Why are you here?"

"I stepped on a bird." I said. "The blood squirted everywhere. I have to sit here for like four hours everyday for four weeks, even in the summer."

"Loser." Jack said. "I'm here because I threw a rock at Clint. I have to stay here for three weeks."

"I have to be here for eleven weeks." Clint said. "I was walking around and shoved Jack on the floor because I was bored."

We sat there waiting for the small hand on the clock to hit seven. I did all of my homework in the first five minutes and some asshole stole my iPod earlier, so I have nothing to do except listen to Clint's and Jack's lame conversations.

Eventually, it was three thirty and I heard screaming outside. I ignored it at first, thinking it was just those girls screaming over being splashed by a little water. But the screaming continued and I heard a lot of shouting outside. One of the people in the office stepped outside. She stood there, her jaw dropped for a minute.

"CARMEN!" she screamed.

One of the adults came over next to that person and looked through the door.

"What the hell..." she said.

Clint, Jack, and I had enough of it and we looked outside. What I saw stunned me. Jonathan, Albert, and all the other people I was with except Wentao when I stepped on the birds were all white and deformed, a zombie. All of them had some flesh falling apart. I saw dead people on the floor, while others were injured running away. Five survivors began running toward the office door, hoping that they could live.

The zombies chased after them, hoping to get more blood. They took down one of the girls, and she fell down screaming someone's name. They managed to take one more guy down and the other three managed to make it inside the office.

I opened the door and three of them came in. The zombies looked at us and began charging at us.

"Zombies..." a girl that we saved moaned.

"GET OUT!" one of the teachers said. She and two others began to hold onto and block the door for us to escape. "GO THROUGH THE WINDOW!" she said.

She didn't have to say it twice. We all ran the same direction, to get to the window. I was one of the last in line to get through the window since I kept looking back. The zombies smashed through the glass and were trying to kill the teachers. They eventually killed them after a weak fight by the teachers and some began rushing toward us, with the others feasting on the teachers. I was already close to the window and got out in time before the zombies could kill us. I couldn't say the same for the people behind me, unfortunately. Jack shut the window down before the other two could get through and left them for the deformed people.

We all split our ways and I began to run to my home with Clint following me, the only place that I could go to. I ran with fear and since I was extremely fast I got to home in four minutes, with Clint a little far behind. I slowly walked up the steps and saw Wentao, now a zombie staring greedily at my mother from the stairs, anxious for food and blood.

My father was a deformed person too. He had a bite mark on his shoulder and he looked normal, but I could tell he was one by the way he was walking. He was walking toward my mother, ready to kill her. I stood there hopelessly for a few seconds and then ran toward my dad to kill him and save my mother. I only had my fists to kill him. He was already biting my mom. I began to punch and kick at him.

"GET OUT OF HERE ANSON!" she moaned. Then she stopped.

I ignored her and continued to punch at my father, hoping to save her. After a minute he stopped and turned around, looking angrily at me. His mouth was full of blood. I looked over his shoulder to my mother. She was dead. Her face and body was a bloody mess of blood and bones. I looked over to the stairs and saw Wentao, still standing at the same spot, staring at me hungrily.

With no other option, I ran cowardly and alone into the streets. Clint caught up to me and stopped, panting heavily. My father wasn't following me, which meant that he was probably feasting on my mother. With shame and disgrace, I ran away from home and screamed with all my might, wishing this was just a nightmare. Well, it was one. A living nightmare.

ON THE NEWS

"Researchers have just found out about our bird problems. They have confirmed that the bird have contracted some kind of disease called Z1N1. This disease has given the bird symptoms of close resemblance to what we call a "zombie". It seems to be that the disease is transferred through only two things, saliva and blood. We are not aware of what problems it could have on humans. Our scientists are trying to find a cure on how to stop it. "
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I left a lot of questions unanswered.